Chapter 58: This is only the beginning

Y/n Pov:

I walked into the Slytherin common room, Draco with me. I felt weak for some reason, and I had a splitting headache.

"Is something wrong?" Draco asked. "Maybe" I replied.  "Do you need to sit down?" he asked. All I could reply with was a groan. My headache was getting worse and I felt a dark magic attack coming on.

"Get.. back" I stated.

The lights began to flicker, eventually stopping, leaving us in darkness. I could feel the dark magic trying to leave, trying to get a get a complete hold of everything around me. It was stronger this time, and harder to resist. I fell to the ground, the pain escalating.

"Love?" I heard Draco say. I couldn't reply, not if I wanted to protect him and everyone around me.

Flashes of my past ran through my mind. Being at Wools, the nights I spent crying, the images of Cedric's, Flogsworth's, Petricia's and Myrtle's dead bodies.

I couldn't hear anything anymore, or fell anything. It wasn't relieving. I was numb, and there was no one around me. I tried screaming but no sound came out. I couldn't see either. It was as if I was alone.

"Aaaaaaah!" I heard Pansy scream. "It's going to hurt her and us. We need to get her away" Draco said.

"Protego Maxima!" I cast.

My vision began to clear and I regained control of my body.The lights came back on. Draco ran up to me, engulfing me in a hug and warm blankets.

"That was worse than any other time" Pansy stated. I nodded sighing. "I'm sorry it tried to attack you both" I stated. "It's completely fine" Draco replied.

"You are okay right?" Pansy asked. I nodded. "I heard someone talk about you bringing back your dad with black magic, is it true?"she asked. "Yes I did" I replied.

"At what cost?" Draco asked. "Is this attack part of it?" he asked. "This is only the start of it" I replied. They sighed. "Did you know about the side effects about bringing your dad back?" Pansy asked. I nodded.

"Well I'm going to bed. I'll see you later" she said before walking away. 

Draco and I stood in awkward silence. "Would you have brought me back if had met the same fate as Sirius?"  he asked. "I would do it with no regret at all" I replied. "Maybe it's the pain of my past, or my fear of loosing someone else, or even the fear of being alone again. Tonight has reminded me of my fears" I added.

"What were you reminded off?" he asked.

"I used to live in an orphanage. I was put there after my dad was shipped off to Azkaban. I lived there until Uncle Remus found me when I was eight. I was alone until the day I met Voldemort. He made me feel cared for, but I found out what type of a person he was. He killed someone I knew and it was because of me.  I left and I was back to being alone, with no one in this world who would even turn if I died" I replied.

"But guess what?  You aren't alone anymore. If you died, so many people would mourn you. Among them would be me, who would die if you ever did. I would die for you, I would live for you. You will never be alone again. You've got the light and the dark and the optimism and pessimism that attracts more people to you than you think" he stated holding my hands.

"And you won't ever be alone again, not until time itself stops. So don't think no one cares, because I do and always will. I can't loose the best thing that has ever happened to me" he added. He pulled me into a hug.

"I love you Draco Lucius Malfoy"I stated pulling away.  "I love you too"  he replied. "I'll see you tomorrow, good night. You need rest" he added. "I don't think I can rest, not with my nightmares" I replied. "Then we shall sleep here. I am your safe person after all" he stated.

The next few days flew by. Professor Dumbledore returned from his temporary retirement from Hogwarts.

Before I knew it I was heading home.

"Princess?" I heard Uncle Remus call out at the station. Harry and I got off the the train and walked up to him. "We need to talk" he stated. "Yes we do" I replied.

A world of chaos had ascended upon this realm. So many people were shouting, protesting against Fudge, so many parents picked up their children and apparated immediately from the fear of getting hurt by anyone and so many children were crying as gruesome pictures of Voldemort's victims were hung all around.

Moving pictures of citizens being tortured were being plastered everywhere as well and I all could say was;

This is only the beginning.