Chapter 70: Who's Voldemort?

Y/n pov:

"What is going on Neville?" I asked. He looked shocked, and hurt. "What do you mean by that?" he asked. "You must be joking." I stated. "Have you been obliviated darling?" he asked. "I don't think so" I replied.

"Good morning to the happy couple" Harry said walking up to us. Couple? Was Nev and I together in this world? 

"How long have we been together Nev?" I asked. "Four years, not including the years I had a crush on you" he replied. "Why do you ask?" he asked. "Just wanted to see if you remember" I replied shrugging my shoulders. 

"Shall we head to breakfast?" I asked. "Definitely" Neville replied. "I'll catch up with you, Lavender's waiting for me" Harry said. "How long has he and Lavender been together?" I asked Neville as we walked. "Oh it's a one time thing as usual. Happened after Harry dropped you off in your dorm." He replied.

"If I hadn't been with you, I probably would have playing the game as well" he added. "Are you happy you're with me or not?" I asked. "I'm the happiest person" he replied. "I feel bad for him. My best friend hasn't experienced what I have" he added. Neville is Harry's best friend? 

"Well how did we meet?" I asked. "What's with the questioning?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulder in response. "We've known each other since we were born. Our parents have worked together for over a decade, we're practically family" Neville replied. "Sorry if I seem insensitive, but weren't your parents hurt by Voldemort?" I asked. 

"Who's Voldemort?" he asked. "Voldemort? The evil wizard torturing people?" I asked. He shook his head no in response. "You mean to say there's no evil wizard called Voldemort?" I asked. He nodded. "What's gotten into you Y/n? You seem a bit loony" He stated. 

"What about a Tom Marvolo Riddle?" I asked. "You mean the author of the only books you read?" he asked. Author? "Do you have a book of his?" I asked. "You got me one a while back to try and get me to read them. I can get it for you later" he replied. "Thank you" I said.

"Shove off Weasley" Neville said pushing Ron out of the way. "Violence and I may be comrades but you're acting like a total arse" I said helping Ron up. "Thanks" Ron mumbled. "What's with you today? You would have normally laughed" Neville said. "I guess I just want to be well-mannered and human" I replied. 

"You're embarrassing me" he hissed. "I don't want to make any trouble" Ron said. "You're not making any trouble Ron" I replied. "Nev please. I don't like this. I'm all for revengeful torture but not picking on others" I added. "Fine, whatever you say love. I'll stop pushing Weasley around" Nev replied. 

"Thank you" I whispered to Nev as we sat down at the Gryffindor table. "No problem" he replied.  

The first class of the day was potions. Surely it wasn't going to be very different.

I was wrong.

Professor Snape was teaching  potions for Years 5 and 6 and Professor Slughorn taught years 1, 2, 3 , 4 and 7. Professor Snape also taught defence against the dark arts. 

"I have graded all of last week's tests. As usual, majority off you did, how do I say it, horribly. A very few of you have done decently" Professor Snape said as he tapped on the papers on his table with his wand, sending each of them to their owners. 

I received mine with a huge 'D' on it. A D?! 

"A D?!" I whisper-yelled to Parvathi. "Better than the time you got a T" she replied shrugging her shoulders. "There's no bloody way" I stated as I flipped through the pages. "How could I have written ear of salamander when it's clearly moondew" I ranted. 

"Professor?" I called out. "Yes Ms Potter?" he replied sighing. "I'm extremely sure this is not my paper, or that it has been changed" I stated. "You're right. You should have gotten a T" he replied. I heard a few snickers from behind me. 

"I have brewed a perfect felix felicis before Professor, a flawless polyjuice and an impeccable draught of the dead-" "Is that not your name on the paper Ms Potter? And your handwriting?" Professor Snape said interrupting me. 

"Do you think you deserve such a grade Ms Potter? For your so called 'impeccable potions', when you can't even brew a pot of wide eye?" he added. "Ask me any question about any potion sir" I stated. 

"First step to brew Felix felicis?" he asked. "Add ashwinder egg  to a cauldron, then add horseradish and heat" I replied. "Next step?" he asked.  "Juice a squill bulb, add to the cauldron and stir-" "Just stir miss Potter?" he asked interrupting me. 

"Maybe if you didn't interrupt, you would get the right answers from me sir. Stir Vigorously. And then chop up anemone-like growth on the back of murtlap , add to mixture and heat. Add a dash of tincture of thyme and stir slowly. Grind up Occamy eggshell and add to mixture. Stir slowly then heat the cauldron. Add a sprinkle of powdered common rue. Stir vigorously then heat the cauldron one last time. Wave your wand over the potion in a figure of eight and say the incantation 'Felixempera' " I concluded demonstrating the incantation.