Chapter 41: Reminiscing memories

3rd person Pov:

St Mungos is a terribly busy place, especially with it's increase in accidents in the past year. It's loud, chaotic and noisy, but that wasn't the case for the third floor, where Harry Potter and his friends waited for news on their beloved.

"And what if she does not wake up Tonks?" Remus asked the Tonks, tearing up at every word he spoke. "I don't know Remus, I don't know if she'll wake up or if she won't. But I know this, Y/n has escaped death twice now, and I'm sure she's not giving up yet. It's been three days, and her body is still holding on to the living side" Tonks replied. "I've never told you how grateful I am for you. In between everything, I never truly realised it" Remus said looking into Tonks eyes.

Tonks smiled in response, looking back into Remus's eyes. The both of them leaned in, only to be interrupted by a loud crash. It was Ron, dropping a plate staked with mashed potatoes. Hermione came in and dragged Ron out by the ear.

"What did you do that for?" Ron asked. "They were having a moment Ron" Hermione replied glaring at him. "I was grief-eating" Ron replied. "Does not matter, you interrupted them" Hermione stated crossing her arms. "After all that Remus has been through, he deserves to have a moment alone with someone else he cares about" she added sighing.

"Sorry" Ron mumbled. "At least you're trying to keep your spirits high" Hermione said. "Harry has been on rage mode and Draco hasn't moved from his seat" she added. "We can get them to talk" Ron replied. "How?" Hermione asked. "Leave it to me" Ron replied.

"Ron" Hermione called out as Ron walked away. "What if, you know, she doesn't make it?" She asked, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I've thought of the same thing, and honestly, I don't know. If she doesn't, we'll be there for each other holding one other in comfort until the pain stops" Ron replied.

'When did Ron become wise?' Hermione thought to herself smiling slightly. "Thank you" she said. "Anytime for you" Ron replied blushing slightly.

"So how does this work?" Fred asked as the children sat in a circle. "We all share a memory of Y/n" Hermione replied. "I'll go first" she added.

"It was on the first day of third year. I walked into the library late at night, where no one is usually there. I spotted someone next to the fire place, and walked up to them. It was Y/n, reading the Famous wizarding Aluminis book. The both of us just sat and talked, and a wonderful friendship blossomed from there" Hermione said. "It isn't a very great memory, but I remember thinking that I had found my person, someone who would understand my passion for reading, and I did" she added.

"That's beautiful Hermione" Harry said. "You can go next" She replied. "Um, I guess I have one. Y/n and I have had a few disagreements ever since I met her, all of them being my fault. I have said the meanest things to her, and yet she's the person closest to me. She came to stay with me in the holidays, and it was the most fun I've every experienced in the muggle world. She makes everything fun, with her occasional sarcasm and advise during the darkest times. She and I share quite a few interests and I'm grateful for her." Harry said, a smile appearing on his lips.

The next one in the circle was Ron. "Y/n and I never really talked at first, she was quite different from me, and it didn't help that she was a Slytherin. I've always seen Slytherins as bad, egotistical people, but she proved me wrong. Crabbe and Goyle was making fun of me one day, of the Weasley name and how I'm a poor person. I even remember thinking about what Crabbe and Goyle was saying was true. Y/n came up to my defense and she yelled at them, telling them to sod off. Afterwards she came up to me and made me realise there was nothing wrong with me, that I wasn't poor, and the name Weasley was prideful. She's been there for all of us, but none of us saw that she was suffering" Ron said sniffling.

Fred was next. "We prank a lot of people, and get negative reactions from them, and that's what I expected when I dumped switched her water with a hair colour changing potion. I remember her bursting into laughter after she realised what had happened. A few weeks later, in potions , my body turned blue, then green, then red. Everyone laughed at me, and I got a weeks detention from Snape but I wasn't mad. Instead I admired her for what she did, no one pranks pranksters." He said.

"Before pranking Fred, she pranked me with a candy, one that made sunflowers bloom on my nose. She apologized to me saying she meant to prank Fred and we made fun of him, laughing during potions when she made him change colours" George said.

Ginny shared a memory of Y/n and her playing Quidditch, when Y/n fell off her broom and fell into the house, causing a hole in the roof of the Weasley house, which Y/n repaired.

Pansy went next, talking about how Y/n sees her for who she truly is, not as an evil Slytherin, but as Pansy Parkinson.

Lastly it was Draco's turn. "Y/n was my first true friend, and the only person I've ever loved. She's always there for me, even after hurting her so many times. She lied to me, trying to break up our relationship, saying she was manipulating me. She puts everyone before herself, and now it may have just cost her life. In my eyes Y/n is not flawed, not in the slightest, she's perfect in every way. The only thing I hate about her is the fact that she does not think she matters" He said tears streaming down his cheeks. "I've always loved her, she's everything to me, and I couldn't protect her" he added.

"Before I forget, I should share a memory. No one has stood up to me, or for me like she has. Especially in front of my father. In the holidays I had come to the secret head quarters, and met her father and uncle, who are terribly protective of her, just like she is of everyone. I remember how happy she was to see I was getting along with her father and uncle. She smiled so much that day, it got stuck onto her face, and she couldn't relax her mouth until hours later. It's that smile which enchants me, and her face of anger. She's so strong, and leading, but maybe that's what caused this" Draco said.

"Is there anyone her for Y/n Black?" A nurse called out. All of their ears perked up and they ran to where the nurse was standing. "Any news?" Remus asked. "She's waking up" The nurse replied.

Everyone rushed into the room, Remus sitting by her, Sirius in his animagus form on the bed.

Y/n Pov:

I said my goodbyes to everyone as I made it back to the land of the living. The light slowly trickled in as I opened my eyes. I was in a hospital room, St Mungos if I'm not wrong. "Princess?" I heard Uncle Remus's voice echoing in my ears. "Love?" I heard Draco say.

"No no no no no no no" I said as I realised Draco was there. I couldn't help but burst into tears. "You're supposed to hate me, you're not supposed to be here!" I yelled as angry hot tears streamed down my face. "Y/n, shh calm down" Uncle Remus said to me, holding me hand. "I thought we lost you. I thought you were dead. How could you do that to me? To us?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, it doesn't matter of what happened to me it-" "You do matter for Salazar's sake. I can't listen to you go on about how you don't matter. Every single one of us are here, because we care about you, because you matter" Draco interrupted.

"You're not supposed to be here" I replied bitterly. "Y/n please-" "Y/n, he's here and he know how you lied, to all of us, mind explaining how and why you made us worry sick about you?" Harry interrupted. "Fine" I said.

"Voldemort sent me a letter, asking me to meet him on the first of January, threatening anyone I love. I knew he would ask me to join him again, and I couldn't let him hurt the people I love, so I broke it off with Draco and Pansy. You were next Harry. When I reached, he asked me to join him, and I didn't, therefore he sent his snake Nagini to kill me. The end" I replied.