Chapter 90: Sweetheart

Y/n Pov:

Christmas break was over, meaning I didn't have much time to finish my experiment. It was important now more than ever, with what Voldemort had told me. If for once in his life he hadnt lied, it would mean that dad never came back, a thought I just couldn't grapple with. And on top of that, Voldemort had given me a deadline to join him, one that I knew was going to be difficult to deny.

"Y/n?" Pansy said walking into the dorm. "The experiment is ready, well at least I think it is. The black magic levels are insanely high right now." She said. "Thank you P" I replied. We walked down to the office.

"We were able to add as much of your black magic into the hamster as we could" Blaise said walking up to me. I nodded in response. "We used the amulet you gave us to contain it" He continued. "Now we see what happens when I transfer all of it to the dead bunny" I stated. The dead bunny was wrapped in warm wool to prevent it from going cold. I removed the amulet from the hamster as the others took a step back. The hamster began to hyperventilate, its eyes turned black and it began to choke as black liquid poured out of his eyes. I directed the black magic to the bunny and it began breathing. But the hamster fell down and and it was choking even heavier. 

The hamster stopped choking at stopped moving. Pansy held the hamster and checked for its breath. "It's dead" she said looking back at me. "That means-" "That means that if you ever take that amulet off you'll die" Draco interrupted. "That means that I could bring someone back to life. I need you to check the bunny for the next few days and make sure it has the same personality" I said looking at Blaise. 

I walked out and Draco and Pansy followed. "What was the point of that experiment? "he asked. "Necromancy" I replied. "What?!" They exclaimed. "It's just an option if I ever need it" I replied.

"Y/n" Draco said as I walked to the dorms. "Yeah?" I replied. "Would you meet me tonight, in the astronomy tower?" he asked. "If you have no plans that is" he added. It was the 31st of December, Tom's birthday. I was planning on spending it alone, trying not to think about him for at least a few hours. "What time?" I asked. "11?" he asked. "Okay, I'll be there Dray" I replied before walking away. I wondered what he had in store for me. 

I walked up to the astronomy tower, in my green sweater from Mrs Weasley, wrapped with a coat thick enough to withstand the winds of the artic. I was often prey to the cold, and I wasn't taking any chances. Before me lay a trail of red rose petals. I followed it to the telescope with a picnic blanket beside it. "Dray, what's all this?" I asked. "It's going to be New Year's, and I thought who else to spend it with then my beautiful and intelligent soulmate" he replied smiling. It was so sweet, so thoughtful. On the picnic blanket lied my favorite foods, including tons of chocolate. 

"I always knew you were a sweetheart" I replied. "I'm anything and everything for you love, anything and everything" he said. I pulled him into a kiss and then broke it to hold onto him tightly, sure to never let go. "Thank you, I love you more than you can ever know" I said. "I love you more than the stars love to burn, and the sun likes to shine. I love you Y/n Black" he replied with the biggest smile on his face. 

We sat down and Draco moved the telescope towards me. "There's fireworks tonight, down in Hogsmeade. I thought we could watch them, they're absolutely phenomenal" he said. It was true. Magic fireworks didn't compare to muggle fireworks. Magic fireworks were seamless, and would look like animations in the sky. 

I forgot all about Tom that night. I was in the moment, I was with Draco and I was the happiest I had ever been. I forgot about my dad, I forgot about the horrid deadline on my head. All I thought about was how much of a beautiful soul Draco was. I fell asleep with him after ages, and I felt so safe. I knew he felt it too. The sound of the fireworks intimidated him a bit, and I held his hand through each and every one of them. He made sure I was comfortable ever few minutes and made sure I was warm. He's such a softie. 

I woke up in his arms as the sun began to burn my face. I put on my coat as I woke him up. We walked around the entire day, just talking about everything from the stars to who we thought would win in a quidditch match against our favourite players. It was pure bliss. I asked him about the letters and he told me that he couldn't reply to me, not with Tom breathing down his neck.

Draco and I walked to the train platform in the evening, waiting for it to arrive. I promised Harry that I would be there when he came back, sure enough I was intending on keeping good on that promise. Draco was concerned about my experiment and I had to reassure him that nothing bad was going to happen. Truth be told, I had no idea if I would ever be able to bring someone back to life, but I would need to know if dad wasn't actually back.

"Y/n!" Harry exclaimed as he ran up to me, goodies filling his hands. Surely he had bought out the trolley again, evident from the candy flowing from his pockets. I waved to him as Draco walked away. "I'll see you later love" he said. I nodded in response. I had asked him to leave, I really didn't need any awkwardness at the start of the year. 

Harry pulled me into a hug so tight I could barely breathe. "Hallo Harry!" I said. "How have you been? Okay before you answer that I have tons of gifts from everyone for you" He said. He was excited to see me, like a golden retriever puppy. Okay maybe I shouldn't be comparing my brother to a dog, but in my defense I compared him to one of the most adorable ones. 

"I heard that you and Draco were back together" Harry said as we walked into the common room. "Yes we are, and I'm so happy about it. Please be happy for me Harry" I replied. "I am, I just hope you're sure about it" he said. I nodded in response. "Okay, then I'm fine with it" he said, with a tinge of uncertainty in his voice. 

And then I remembered. I remembered I had to tell him about dad. And telling him didn't go as I had hoped it would....

(Okay I'm sorry it took so long 😬but here's the next chapter! I wonder what Harry did though! And Draco's such a sweetheart in this chapter I just couldn't stop smiling while writing:)