Chapter 33: Manipulation

Draco Pov:

Another day. Another one in this hateful world. The past two days, were the worst days of my life, even worse than when I was humiliated before the Gryffindors during Quidditch. Why would Y/n do this to me? She absolutely confuses me.

Last night Potter barged into the Slytherin dungeons, running into the common room in search of Y/n. I felt a pang of jealousy hit me when she hugged him even though she wounded me. When she left with him, I swear on Salazar Slytherin I was furious. She's in love with Potter, and Potter's in love with her.

Was I never enough?

Was I too bad, too evil-like?

Thoughts raced in my mind, but I tried my best to shut them out, causing me to get angry at every little thing, even worse than yesterday.

I had potions with the Ravenclaws first, where I blew up a cauldron unlike usual. Pointless defense against the dark arts with the ever so weak Hufflepuffs next, and then potions agian with the Gryffindors. I kept glancing at Y/n the whole time, maybe out of anger, maybe out of distraught, maybe even out of love.

"Malfoy, you're mind seems occupied" Zabini said in potions. I had forgiven Zabini, for his falling in love with Y/n, considering I used to see the good in her. I still do, why in the name of Salazar Slytherin must I?

"You've been staring at Y/n and Potter the past hour" Zabini added, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm looking at Snape" I replied. "Snape's at the front, but if that's what you want to say then fine" he said sighing.

I looked back at Y/n and Potter again, as they brewed their potions together.

Potter blew up the pot, causing the pepperup to spill all over Y/n and him. "Go get cleaned, and Mr Potter you've got detention" Professor Snape stated rolling his eyes in annoyance. Y/n and Potter left the room, laughing in the hallways.

Their laughter echoed in my head, the images of both of them together flashed in my mind at bedtime. "Malfoy are you okay?" Zabini asked. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't speak. I was never enough for her, she picked Potter over me, what does Potter have that I don't?  I'm never going to be enough for anyone, not Y/n, not my father, no one. Dumbledore made me prefect for what?

Unknowingly I began to pant, and I could hear Zabini run out. "Pansy, I have no idea what to do" Blaise said.

I didn't know what to do either. What had come over me? Why couldn't I breathe? Why was I so angry?

"Move you bloody idiots!" Someone yelled.

I felt two arms wrap around me, pulling me towards their shoulder. "Breathe with me Draco, just breathe" the person said. Wouldn't I recognize that voice anywhere. "Y/n, why, why-" "Don't talk, just breathe with me okay?" She interrupted.

Why would she come? Why would she want to come to me?

I broke down into tears. "Y/n, why did you come?" I asked as I calmed down. "You needed the help" she replied. "I'm a horrible person, I'm just so terrible" I said. "Draco,you aren't bad, you aren't terrible. You are amazing." She said.

"I'm like my dad, he's just so terrible to people-" "He is a good person too Draco. A good father, and a good husband to your mom. He would never ill-treat you. You're like him, you wouldn't ill-treat someone you love" she interrupted.

I never thought of my father like that.

"I just didn't want to be with anybody, you're not the bad guy here, I am. I manipulated you and Pansy, and still am manipulating quite a few. I'm just doing things to get what I want, manipulation is key" she added. "You aren't like that Y/n, please, don't lie to me" I replied pulling away from her warm embrace.

"I am like that Draco, I'm horrible, and I'm controlling. I use people to my advantage" she argued. "Why do you want to paint yourself so bad Y/n? What aren't you telling me, what are you hiding?" I asked.

"Nothing anymore" she replied. "Don't lie to me Y/n" I said. "Goodbye Draco" she replied getting up and walking away.

Zabini and Parkinson walked in. "You okay Malfoy?" Zabini asked. "Y/n's upto something" I replied.