Chapter 25: Dumbledore's army

Y/n Pov:

I avoided Draco and Pansy, until Draco was able to explain to me what happened in the Summer. Makes me feel like I overreacted.

"Y/n just please wait" Draco said running up to me. "What is it Malfoy? You've been following me all week. I don't need to speak with cheaters" I replied. "Y/n just listen, let me explain" he said. "Fine, tell me what caused this love of yours and Pansys?" I asked.

"My father" he replied, his head hanging low. "Your father?" I asked. He nodded. "A love potion that he bought from Diagon Alley" he said sighing. "That sounds as real as Salazar Slytherin not founding the house of Slytherin" I replied. "And if by any small chance what you're saying is true, why didn't you tell me before? Why hide it?" I added.

"I broke out of the spell before you left to Azkaban. My father spelled us once more, before school. I wanted to tell you, I truly did, but I couldn't" he replied. "And why couldn't you?" I asked. "I was afraid of how you would react, of how you would think of me" he replied.

"If you were spelled by your father, I would only think bad of him" I stated. "Exactly Y/n. I am my father, him stooping to such lows to make my life miserable just shows how I am. How I let my father ruin the best thing that ever happened to me. I am my father, I've got his hair, his nastiness and unkindness. His me above all attitude." he replied tearing up.

"You are not you father Draco, I assure you.You are Draco Lucius Malfoy, your own person. I would never think of you as your father Draco" I said. "Do you, do you actually mean that?" he asked. I nodded.

"I have to leave, I'm meeting up with a few friends in Hogsmeade." I said glancing at my pocket watch. "What for?" he asked. Best not to tell him about me teaching magic, I don't want to drag him down with me, considering I've hidden so much from him.

"Uh hi" Mione said getting up from her seat in Hog's head. "You all know why we're here. We need a teacher, a proper teacher" she continued. The few sitting before us glanced at each other. "One who's had experience defending themselves from the dark arts" she added.

"Why?" someone asked. "Why? You know who's back you tosspot" Ron replied. "So they say" "So Dumbledore says" "So Dumbledore says because they say but where's the proof?" "If Potter could tell us more about how Cedric Diggory got killed"

"None of us are going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here you might as well clear out now" Harry replied. "Come on Y/n, let's go" Harry said grabbing my arm.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus?" Luna asked. "Yes, Y/n taught him, I've seen it" Mione replied. "Blimey  I didn't know you could do that, either of you" Dean said. "Y/n too" he added.

"Second year, Harry fought of a Basilisk in Dumbledore office" Neville said. "Third year they both fought off about a hundred Dementors. Y/n saved a woman's life this year as well" Ron said.

"And last year they did fight off you know who in the flesh, Y/n apparated away from death" Mione added. "Wait" Harry said. "Look, it all sounds great, but I never did most of them alone.It was luck, and Y/n" he added. "It's all luck. When your out there, even Harry knows facing his enemy is all spur of the moment" I replied.

"When you're in class, you can make as many mistakes as you want, but in real life, there is no second chance" Harry said. "When you see someone die before you eyes, it's horrible" he added.

"And that's why we need you Y/n, the both of you if we want to defeat, Voldemort" Mione said taking a deep breath. "He's really back?" Collins asked. Harry and I nodded. 

"Those who want to join, I've got parchment" Mione said taking out parchment from her bag. "Y/n" Neville called. "Yes Nev?" I asked. "I don't think I should join, for all we know I'm weaker than someone who's been cruciated" he replied. "Nev don't ever think that. You're as strong as all of us" I said. He smiled.

"So what shall we call it?" Mione asked after everyone inked their names on the parchment. "Dumbledore's army?" Harry suggested. "I like it" I replied.