Chapter 35: Harmony

Y/n Pov:

I saw Snow's lifeless body in Hagrid's hut, with the only teacher I would trust to take care of Snow. Her white snow-like feathers were stained red, and I could hear her soft cries.

"Who hurt Snow?" I asked walking into the Slytherin common room. "I'm sorry Y/n, I never meant to hurt your owl. Something came at me and I swung at it with a book" Daphne replied. "I'm so sorry. Could you not bring Snow into the dungeons next time?" she asked.

"I never-, I won't bring her in again, and it's alright Daphne, it was an accident" I replied.

"Astoria right?" I asked the little girl sitting in the great hall. I had gone in search of her, knowing who had done it. "Why did you lie?" she asked. "Lie?"I asked "I know you did not bring Snow into the dungeons" she replied. "I brought Snow to the dungeons" she added.

"I know" I replied sighing. "How?" she asked. "I saw your face full of guilt when I walked into the common room" I replied. "Why didn't you tell on me, why did you lie?" She asked. "Daphne was guilty enough. The fact that I brought in Snow gave her some peace that she wasn't the complete cause that Snow's hurt. If she found out you brought Snow into the common room, she would feel bad because of you" I replied.

"Thank you" she said. "I only brought Snow because I thought it was Fiona, my owl" she added. "It was an honest mistake Astoria, I won't hold a grudge" I replied. She smiled in response.

"I don't believe my sister" she said. "You are kind, not like how my sister told me about you" she added. "Your sister may be right" I replied. "She isn't" Astoria stated. I smiled in response. "What are you reading?" I asked. "Muggle Studies, I find it fascinating" she replied.

"What Mrs Burbage says is true, Magic users and Muggles can live in harmony" she added. "I agree, but tell me about the Salem witch trials, how Muggles responded to witches and wizards" I replied. "What if Muggles changed?" she asked.

"Many have, but most of them still believe us to be dangerous, tell me would every Muggle accept us if we went out into the world?' I asked. "I guess not" she replied sighing. "They can live in harmony, only if each kind accepts the other. Wizards and Witches look down on Muggles which is awful, and Muggle hate and fear Witches and Wizards" I added.

"Maybe one day I could help change that" She said. "I think that all this world needs is an Astoria Greengrass, and the world would change faster" I replied. "Thank you" she responded smiling

"We're going to split into two teams, Harry and I will choose our members. We are going to have a game of sorts, where the objective is for all the opponents on the floor. Only disarming and minor offense spells. " I announced in DA the next day. Murmurs rose in the crowd. "Neither Harry or I will take part in it, only help plan. Harry, you can go first" I stated. "Oh ok, umm Hermione" he called out.

"Neville" I called out. He looked to me unsure before walking up to me. "Ron" Harry called out. "Luna" I called. "Cho" Harry called. "Hannah" I called. "George" Harry called. "Collin" I called.

Nev, Luna, Hannah, Alicia, Dennis, Ernie, Collin, Susan, Lavender, Angelina, Katie, Terry, Anthony, Justin were in my team, the rest in Harry's.

"You picked up weak ones out of pity didn't you" Justin said. "Look at us, a bunch of blithering idiots" he added. "Don't you dare say that Justin" I replied. "I came up with it just now, Harry picked the ones he wanted on his team, I picked the ones I wanted, none of these people are idiots" I added.

"Yea mate, this ain't any weak team" Ernie said. "Thank you Ernie. Nev, Ernie, Dennis and Collin on offense" I stated. "Offense?" Neville asked. "You will go against a certain person, and you'll have a person that protects you." I replied. "Nev you're with Luna" I added. He looked down immediately, a slight blush creeping up onto his cheeks.

"Alicia, Katie, Justin and Terry, Anthony and Susan on charms" I stated. "Angelina, Luna, Lavender and Hannah on protection" I added. There were looks of uncertainty between them. "You've given some of us things were not good at" Neville spoke up.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked. "Nev, you spoke up when no one else was, you are a person courageous enough to do that, offense can do that" I replied.

"We have things we believe that we can't do, but each of us are strong enough to do that. The other team has all the people who are confident in themselves, some more than they should be, and they believe they can outwit you. They don't use their full skills thinking they are greater than you, so we use the element of surprise, showing them we're as good as them" I stated.

They nodded in agreement.

Both the teams stood opposite each other, wands at the ready. Harry and I stood away from them. "On three!" Harry and I announced. "One" "Two" "Three!"

As I predicted, Zacharius and Marietta immediately went against Collin and Neville, only to be greeted by Luna and Angelina.

"You've been down the past few months, and I know it's not Malfoy" Harry whispered to me. "It's nothing Harry, and look my team's winning" I replied.

I was right, my team won. Collin was the last one standing and I couldn't help but smile.