Chapter 34: Works of healer Nostradamus

Y/n Pov:

'Everyone around will stay alive, no one will die because of me. I will survive, and finally kill Tom when the time comes, no matter what it takes,even if I have to give a limb or two.'

That was what I reminded myself as I left Draco's dorm after helping him calm down. I felt horrible, the absolute worst seeing him so panicked and upset.

Over the next two months I avoided my dorm mates and Draco's dorm mates, who decided to keep what I did to Pansy and Draco a secret, no matter how much I pushed them to tell on me.

Harry, Fred and George got banned from quidditch, Hagrid came back full of secrets, and I earned detention after debating with Ginny against Umbridge. This earned her detention as well. People were getting covered in scars, kids and seniors alike. At least none of them were like mine, which lasted longer than any of theirs. Umbridge never told me why she detested me so. No one would hate a criminal that much, would they?

In less than a month I would have to see him again, meaning I would have to start prepping for whatever happens.

First thing being removing my brandings, which I'm sure is magical. I found a spell for mythical skin augmentation in the restricted section to use after I sliced of the brandings from my skin. Merlin this was going to hurt.

So there I was, in the room of requirement, my mouth stuffed with a piece of cloth to bite down the pain. I took out a dagger, a very sharp one and walked up to the mirror, having one last look before slicing it off.

The slicing oddly didn't hurt, honestly in relived some inner pain. I looked to my shoulder through the mirror. Blood leaked out of the million blood vessels cut into.

"Sollevare la pelle, coprire i miei segni, portarmi sollievo dalle mie nuove cicatrici" I chanted. The skin pulled up and my arm began to heal. The works of the healer Nostradamus never fail to work. I looked at the pieces of skin with the branding lying on the floor.

"Y/n?" I heard someone call from behind. I turned back to see Neville. "Hey Nev" I replied tossing the dagger away. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Why wouldn't I be?" I responded. "You, um, you have blood on your shirt, lot's of it" he replied pointing out the bright red stains on my uniform.

"Is it your blood, did something happen?" he asked. "Of course I'm okay Nev, it's fake blood, a Weasley product" I replied. He chuckled awkwardly in response. "I thought you were hurting yourself" he said.

"Well I'm not, but thanks for caring" I replied. He smiled at me before turning away. "Umm, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here?" he asked turning back again. "Well, what are you doing here?" I asked hoping to divert the topic.

"I came here to see them" he replied pointing to the picture on the mirror. The picture of the order that Mad-eye had given Harry and I. "Well then you can see them, don't let me be in your way" I said.

He walked towards the mirror and looked at the images of his parents. "I know it's a random question, but do you ever think of what would have happened if they hadn't, you know-" "Cursed?" he interrupted. I nodded.

"I think I might have been very different. I guess I would have been brave like my parents, maybe even a bit clever and determined" he replied. "You are clever Nev, you know how to make people talk about their feelings, to open up, and you're brave, no one could be as brave as you are talking about your parents so freely, I lost my mom and uncle, and I can't open up about them without tearing up" I said.

"It get's easier, especially when you know if it was for a good cause" he replied.  "Yea" I said sighing. "If you don't mind me asking, who was your mother?" he asked. "My mother was a muggle born, a kind woman who would smile and laugh when I laughed, and would cry when I cried. She was such a bright light, such a beauty too" I replied.

"And your uncle?" he asked. "Courageous, and loving. I was his princess and he cared for me so much" I replied. "How did they die?" "Voldemort"I replied.

"What's that?" he asked looking at my skin on the floor. "It's nothing" I replied. "Do you have plans for the Christmas break?" I asked. "I'm visiting my parents at St Mungos with my Grandma" he replied. "They'll be happy to see you" I said. "I hope so" he replied.

"Y/n!" I heard Luna yell, for maybe the first time ever. "Snow is hurt" she added.