Chapter 83: Unbreakable

Y/n Pov:

I heard knocks on the dorm door. I got up from my bed and opened the door, wand in hand. It was Draco, sweating furiously, with tears in his eyes. "I don't, I don't know where else to go" he stuttered. I pulled him into a hug before he could say anything else. 

"Let's go to the office?" I asked pulling away. He nodded in response.

I closed the door slowly and walked away with Draco, hand in hand. We walked in the dark, our memory leading the way. The fires turned on as we entered and the painting of Salazar slytherin greeted us. Oh yes, he's right there, all day every day, never saying anything, just watching. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. "I won't hurt you, I promise you" He stated. "I am not scared about that, never been and never will be. What's wrong dray?" I asked. "He..he..he wants me too-"  "Do not tell me, it will only put you in danger. You won't turn on him, okay?" I said. He took a deep breath and replied "Okay, okay". 

"Come here" I said pulling him into another hug. He held on tight, his tears dripping down my neck. "We will be just fine, alright?" I stated. "Yeah" he whispered. "We protect each other, and I will never have a doubt about it, okay?" I asked. He nodded. We stood there for a while before he  pulled away. 

"Thank-" "No, never" I interrupted. "I love you" he whispered under his breath. His eyes widened as he realised I heard it. I couldn't say it back, not now, not like this... but I loved him, every inch of him, every flaw, every perfection. 

"I heard you and Snape earlier" I said. "You did?" he asked. "I don't.. I don't know what to say" he replied. "What was the unbreakable vow about?" I asked. 

"I have do something, for him, and Snape made the vow as to help me, with my mom" he replied. "Then let him help you" I said. "He knows more than you think and he is better than you know" I added.

"Is he genuine?" I asked. "Indeed." I replied. "Alright. I trust you" he replied. I smiled in response.

"There's another thing" he stated. "Snape and I mentioned something while making the unbreakable vow" he said. "What is it?" I asked. "That we should protect you, to the best we can" he replied. "You did?" I asked. He nodded. "Why does he, you know, protect you so?" he asked. "I think he knew my mum" I replied. 

"I don't think that's why" he stated. "No?" I asked. "You melt even the hardest of hearts. You melted mine, that's for sure" He replied. "I need you in my life, in whatever form you'll allow. I want to be there for you every time, I want to be there for you whenever life is unfair. Let me in and I will never let anyone hurt you" he explained. He looked deep into my eyes hoping for some kind of an answer. 

Why was it so hard to answer him...

"I know you won't make a decision right now, we both know you like to think through things. Do take your time" he stated. 

"Sure" I replied gulping hard.

"What are you going to say!!" Pansy screamed as we walked to breakfast the next day. I had told her everything that happened the previous day. I told her that I forgave Draco too, but never told her why. She accepted it without question.

 "I don't know P, I really don't" I replied. "Well I for one am dying to see you both together again. He makes you happy, and I like seeing you happy" she replied. "That's really sweet P" I replied as we sat down at the table. There weren't many students, a lot of them went home for Christmas. 

I wish I could have gone home but I had business to attend to. I was performing an experiment with dark magic. Voldemort was rising higher each day and someone had to stop him. I have something he has always wanted, my dark magic, and he wasn't going to get it.

The Owls flew in once breakfast finished and our mail arrived. I got a few letters, quite a few in fact, but one of them stood out from the rest. A black envelope. I stuffed it into the pocket of my jacket and walked away with my letters, making my excuses to Pansy. 

I walked into my office and opened it, with Salazar's eyes staring. 

My dear Y/n;

Why must you go against my wishes? We could rule this wretched world. We could be one again. I'm growing stronger every day, with more and more acolytes. I will reach a point where I won't want you. Join me now and I will give you a chance.

Join me

-LORD VOLDEMORT

How bored must he be to come begging again?

I threw the letter into the fireplace and walked away to my experiments.

Beautiful.