Chapter 21: Detention

Y/n Pov:

I was bombarded with questions after DADA. I lied telling them that I meant a few weeks ago and not years. That made them stop with the questions.

"Please keep yourself out of trouble love, Professor Umbridge was sent by the ministry and they prefer people to keep quiet and listen blindly"Draco warned before I left for detention with Umbridge. "So you agree with what she said? That Cedric's death was an accident or I could have killed him?" I asked.

"I don't believe any of that love, it's just that I don't want to see you hurt" he replied. "I'll be alright Draco, it's just detention" I said. "I love you, leave now, you don't want to be late" he said sighing. "I love you too" I replied walking away.

"You're lucky that you've got Draco, and he's even luckier to have you" Pansy said as she walked me to detention. "What is up with you and Blaise P? You haven't talked even once after the Yule Ball" I asked. "It's something I don't want to talk about" she replied.

"Good luck" she said as I walked into Umbridge's room. "Hey" Harry said smiling. We walked into Umbridge's office. Pink decor cat plates filled the room. The room would have been amazing, if it were not for the person inside it.

"Nice of you to join us Miss Black and Mister Potter, come and sit" Umbridge said putting on that sickening smile. I sat at the desk on the right, Harry beside me, with a paper and a quill before me.

"Now you will write I must not tell lies" Umbridge stated. Lines? Why would she call us all the way to her office if she wanted us to do lines?

"How many times?" I asked. "As many times as it takes for the message to sink in" she replied. "You haven't given us any ink to write with" Harry said. "It's a special kind of quill" she replied.

I began to write 'I must not tell lies' on the paper. Magically enough, words started to appear on the paper, in the shade of blood red. I didn't understand where the ink came from, until I felt something burn on my hand.

The writing was etching onto my skin, the ink was my blood. I looked over to Harry who had the same thing on his hand. He was about to say something when I shook my head no. Saying something now would only result in more detentions for no reason, yet.

"I think that's enough Mr Potter, you may return to your tower" Umbridge said after a while. "What about Y/n?" Harry asked. "She and I are going to have a little chat, after a few more lines"Umbridge replied. "I'm not leaving her alone" Harry protested.

"Harry stop, just leave" I stated. "Y/n, I can't-" "Mr Potter, I would advise you to leave right now, otherwise you will have to face the consequences" Umbridge interrupted. "Go Harry, I'll be fine" I reasoned. He left unwillingly.

"Continue" Umbridge said after Harry left. The cuts deepened into my hand, as if being stabbed by a knife. They did heal quickly, but even the healing hurt. Eventually the writing stopped on my left hand, and started to appear on my right. Next my right foot then left. I was under excruciating pain, but I didn't break a tear, I wasn't going to let her see me cry in pain. Instead I smiled, making her angrier.

It must have been hours until Umbridge spoke. "You can put down your pen Ms Black, I hope you've learned you lesson" she said. "Of course I did professor, I learnt that the ministry is not able to control the students and therefore inflicting pain on them" I replied smiling.

"You've got quite the tongue haven't you Ms Black? Might be useful for anymore ministry encounters" she said. "Maybe it's because the ministry is corrupt and blind they can't see what I did was right" I replied. "Well if that's true, who's going to change that. You?" she asked. "Maybe" I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"I have taken it upon myself to educate you of right and wrong, and I will punish you worse if you do wrong. If you tell anyone, I'll make sure you end up in Azkaban, this time more permanently " she said before giggling like a little school girl again.