Chapter 47: Child's play

Y/n Pov:

"Mr Malfoy shall provide you with a quill and you can begin writing in my old office" Umbridge stated my punishment for lying to her. "Okay" I replied shrugging my shoulders.

Draco and I walked to Umbridge's office in complete silence. I didn't know what to say. "Why would you hide it from me?" he asked. "There's a few things I don't tell you Dray, this was one of them. It wasn't my place to call you, or Pansy or Blaise. You all have a terrible history, and aren't clear of where your loyalties lie" I replied.

"Do you not trust me?" he asked. "I trust you with my life love, but I couldn't betray them. You don't even believe fully that Voldemort is back" I replied.

"So Umbridge has been making you do lines for detention?" He asked. "You don't truly know about Umbridge do you?" I said letting out a dry laugh. "I'll walk myself" I added walking faster.

It was of no use for Professor Mcgonagal and Professor Dumbledore to protect Professor Trewalney. Umbridge sacked her and now a new professor teaches divination, a rather know it all centaur named Firenze.

"Stay back after class Y/n Black" Professor Firenze instructed during divination. I sighed and nodded.

"You do not seem to like divination much, so the question is, why are you here?" Professor Firenze asked.
"I like divination, just sour about the teacher" I replied

"I know about you Y/n Black, how you truly are. Divination is child's play for you, so tell me, why is it you are here?" He asked.

"You think you know everything, don't you. Well guess what, you know nothing of me, nothing at all. I've done things, and justified them in the worst ways. Whatever you think of me is wrong" I replied.

"And yet I know the truth about the babe that is not yours. I know about the dark forces that surround you, that you keep in. Your power is beautiful, and something that someone evil wants to manifest" he said.

"There is a reason you attend divination, a very important one. Sybil Trewalney held answers you needed am I right?" He stated. How did he know.

"Goodbye, professor Firenze" I said walking away.

I walked past Professor Dumbledore's office, now with Umbridge inside it. "Y/n Black" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked back to see the only and only Rita Skeeter. "Rita" I acknowledged. "What do you say about this new change of headmasters at Hogwarts?" she asked as her trusty quill scribbled onto the notepad.

"It's a new age at Hogwarts, a very different one. Umrbidge has a different approach to things compared to Professor Dumbledore" I replied before walking away.

"And that is how I found out" I heard Umbridge say. "You're intelligence knows no bounds" I heard Filch reply. He's got a terrible crush on Umbridge. "Cho Chang will be rewarded for her information with Dumbledore's army" Umbridge said.

Had I heard that right? Cho betraying us? Marietta Edgecombe, her best friend snitched on us as well, so was she following her in some way? I had to ask.

"Cho?" I called out walking onto the quidditch field. Luna told me she was there. "Hey Y/n" she said softly, her eyes red. "Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded slightly. "You know, don't you" she said sighing. I nodded. 

"Why?" I asked. "I, um, I wasn't in the right mind" she replied. "You snitched because you weren't in the right mind?" I asked. She nodded quickly. "I don't believe a word you say" I replied looking her straight in the eye. 

"Colin's sick" she said trying to change to the topic. Guilt stung me suddenly and her snitching wasn't on my mind anymore. "What do you mean by sick?" I asked. "He isn't the same. He's too quiet all the time. Never crying, never smiling, just there" she replied sniffling. 

"He's probably just got the flu" I said. "Maybe" she replied. "I'm completely alright, the hiding potion making me seem normal. But Colin isn't okay, and it pains me to see him like that" she added. "I'm sorry Cho" I said. "It's alright, you didn't do anything" she replied.

"I have news" I said walking into the Gryffindor dorm. Pansy, Draco, Blaise, Ron, Mione and Harry sat looked to me as I walked in. "What's going on?" I asked. "I overheard Umbridge talking about Brandings" Pansy replied. I hadn't talked to her once the Dumbledore's Army got exposed. 

"What Brandings?" I asked attempting to play dumb. "The ones on your shoulders, that you got rid off" Draco said. "So what?" I asked crossing my arms. 

"Y/n, why won't you tell us anything, we're all worried about you" Harry replied. "Worried about what?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "You're hurt and you won't tell anyone" Ron replied. 

"That doesn't matter, but I've got something to tell you-" "I don't care" Draco interrupted me. "It doesn't concern you" I replied. "We need to talk Y/n" he said. "I need to talk to Harry, Mione and Ron, so I suggest you leave" I replied. "You do need to talk, come on Ron, Harry" Mione said pulling the both of them away. 

"Come with me to the astronomy tower" he said holding my hand. "Aren't you afraid Umbridge will catch you and get rid of all your privileges?" I asked. "We're prefects, she won't do a thing" he replied. "Astronomy tower it is" I said sighing.

We walked, hand in hand to the tower. He smiled at me slightly whenever I turned to him, to which I returned a sigh.

"What's going on with you?" he asked as we sat in next to the telescopes. "What is it you're thinking, what is it you feel?" he asked. "You don't want to know" I replied. "I do" he said.

"I don't know what to say" I replied. "Then start with what happened in your second year in Durmstrangs" he asked. "What's there to say? I loved it there, it was quite a bit of fun" I replied. "The truth" he said looking me dead in the eye.