Chapter 88: Symbiote

Y/n Pov:

How could something inanimate have a voice? But then again, I'm a witch.

"You're my dark magic aren't you?" I asked. 'Bingo! Bullseye! Right on the money!' It yelled. "You're a parasite and you've taken over me. I kept you in, I haven't let you out" I stated. 'I haven't taken over anyone and I'm not going to unless you want me to. And I'm not a parasite, think again' it responded.

'I'm alive as long as I'm with you, and you've got control of the dark with me. So think again, am I really a parasite?' It asked. 

'Let's go back to the scene of crime' It said.

In the blink of an eye we were back at Uncle Remus's. He was on the floor, asleep. 'I put him to sleep. I wouldn't harm him and but I needed to protect you.' It stated.

"You're symbiotic!" I exclaimed waking up. "What's wrong?" Pansy asked. "My dark magic, it's symbiotic. It changes everything. Everything P, everything." I explained. "Okay, alright, we'll get into that later. But for now you've been summoned to Dumbledore's office"she replied.

Draco Pov:

I was summoned to Dumbledore's office. How great. The cupboard was taking so much time, time I did not have. And I had to give her that letter.

I entered the room to see Remus Lupin and Y/n's dad. "We'll be leaving today" Y/n's dad said. "Thank you for helping us get here" Lupin said. "Of course, anytime sirs" I replied. "It's Remus" Lupin said. "And it's Sirius" Y/n's dad said. "Oh okay, anytime Remus and Sirius" I replied smiling. 

"We know you're not on the right side, at least we have our suspicions" Remus said. I gulped, hard.

"But we trust Y/n and her choices. The Knott boy hurt her, we hurt him too. Ever wondered why he has not come back to school yet?" Sirius asked. 

He was right, Knott hadn't come back yet. 

"What he means to say is, Y/n can defend herself, doesn't mean we won't defend her. You hurt her more than once and I am skeptical about you, but I trust her. And I know you've got a kind heart Draco, I know. But I won't help you if she defends herself from you hurting her" Remus said.

"I would never try to hurt her" I replied. "Good. We'll see you around Draco" Sirius replied. "See you around" I replied before walking out of the office.

Y/n Pov:

I walked into Dumbledore's office. Uncle Remus had and dad had their bags ready. "Goodbye" I said hugging them. "Thank you for coming." I added. "We'd come even if you called us in the middle of the night" Uncle Remus replied. "I love you guys" I replied. "You are going to make it alright? I'll make sure of it" dad said. I nodded in response.  

They walked into the fireplace and they were gone. 

I saw Draco walk into the room of requirement as I passed by it. I walked into it and saw him in front of a cupboard and other things. 

"Draco?" I said. "Y/n?!" He exclaimed turning around. "It's you task isn't it" I stated. He nodded in response. I had seen the cupboard somewhere before, but had no idea where. "This isn't my only task" he said. 

"Please don't tell me, you know you can't tell me" I replied. "This one has to do with you" He replied. "Oh?" I said. "I was instructed to give you this, well slip it to you if I'm honest" he replied handing me a black letter.

I opened it with my letter opener, yes I had one in my robe. 

My dear Y/n

I have something of yours, or should I say, someone.

A little boy named Colin

Come find me

Draco will help you

Love,                                                                                                                                                                                            Tom

I knew it wasn't the end when I brought him Colin. I showed Draco the letter and he took a few deep breaths before looking back at me. 

"What are we going to do?" he asked. "Go. I cannot let him harm Colin again" I replied. "Call me selfish but I cannot let you do that for that child" he stated. "If we ever had children one day we wouldn't be able to stand the thought of loosing them" I replied.

"Children?" he asked. We had never spoken about our future before, a part of us felt like there was no future. "We'll come back to that later" he said reading my mind. "Cho should be the one sacrificing herself for her son, not you" he added. "Colin lost his father because of me and Harry. That's enough" I replied. "I won't let you out of my sight" he stated. "Fine by me" I replied.

Draco convinced Professor Mcgonagal that he was taking me out for dinner so that we would be left alone. We used Dumbledore's fireplace and entered Malfoy manor. 

There was no one in the room. It was pitch black until the lumos from our wands lit the room.

"Hello Y/n"