Chapter 11: Black

Y/n Pov:

I walked past an ajar door, with a light seeping from the gaps. I had never been to this room before. I knocked on the door.

"Come in, it's just me" I heard dad reply. "Oh Y/n it's you, you look beautiful today" dad said as I walked in. "So I wasn't beautiful yesterday?" I asked teasingly. "You have your mother's genes of being pretty, and James charm too, you are beautiful everyday, inside and out" he replied smiling.

"Great answer" I said. "So what is this room?" I asked. "This is the room that's always locked. It has the black family tree" he replied. I looked to see a tree painting of sorts on the wall, with names and faces of all the descendants of black.

"It's so captivating" I said admiring it. "Why is your name blacked out?" I asked. "My mother did that, after I ran away from home. I went to James's house, where he welcomed me with open arms" he replied.

"I see so much of him in you, well more when he was older. Harry and you remind me of your parents quite a bit. James was always unconditionally welcoming and a true friend to me, and Lily was so kind and generous. However, James did have a soft spot for trouble. You're so much like them" he continued.

"But you're also your own person, don't let anyone define you as to something else" he added.

"I would never let anyone do that" I replied. "So Bellatrix Lestrange, Narcissa Malfoy and Tonks are all family to you?" I asked. "Pure breed families marry into their own family, to keep the bloodline pure. But there are only so much families, so a lot of pure blood families are related" he replied.

"So both my dads might be related?" I asked. "We are, by a late aunt, thrice removed" he replied.

"Why did you unlock the door? And how, I was trying to open it a while back, but a regular spell wasn't working so I left it off" I said. "What made you want to open it?" Dad asked. "Curiosity" I replied.

"I opened the door to add something to it" dad said taking out his wand. He placed it at the wall and a dotted line appeared from where dad's picture used to be. An image started to from, and a name to.

As it faded in I realised who it was. "Is that me?" I asked. He nodded. "I wanted to add you to the family too. But the dotted lines are the most I can do, the spell won't allow for anyone to be added manually" he replied.

"I don't know what to say" I said. "You are a daughter to me, even if your real parents are James and Lily. They may have made me your godfather, but I always thought of you as my own, it's slightly selfish really" dad replied.

"It's not selfish at all. Lily mum and James dad are my parents, that's true, but so are you. You are my dad, Uncle Remus my uncle, and Harry my brother. You will always be my father, no matter what, and I will always be your daughter" I said.

"I wear the name Black in honor and in pride of my dad" I added.

He smiled in response and pulled me into a hug.

"So the hearing" I said pulling back. "What about it?" he asked. "I'm having another hearing" I replied. "What? Why"he asked.

"I haven't told anyone yet, not even Uncle Remus, but apparently the ministry heard about my dark magic and I've been marked dangerous, now even I feel like it, I could hurt someone gravely if I got out of control" I replied. "You're courageous, not dangerous, remember that" he said.