Chapter 15: Azkaban

Harry Pov:

The doors locked as soon as I walked out. Professor Dumbledore wouldn't talk to me, merlin know's why. "Professor, Y/n is still in there" I said to him. He didn't respond to me, but instead walked towards the door trying to open it.

"They've targeted her" Professor Dumbledore said to Ms Figg. "Oh dear, I hope she's alright" Ms Figg replied.

We waited outside for what felt like ages. The doors opened and I couldn't believe my eyes. Y/n was being escorted out by two guards, with what seemed like hand cuffs. "This can't be happening?!" I exclaimed.

"Cornelius, what's going on?" Professor Dumbledore asked as the minister walked out. "You will eventually find out, only family of the defense will know first" The minister replied before walking away.

"She can't go to Azkaban!" I yelled. "It is terrible indeed, but it looks like we cannot do anything about it" Ms Figg replied. "I'm going back home, Remus will know by now" I muttered before running to find Mr Weasley.

Y/n Pov:

Azkaban. The place where even the most powerful of witches and wizards dread. A week there should be no problem, right?

Dementors escorted me into Azkaban itself, a dark and gloomy space. The place wasn't the what was making the atmosphere chilling, the people were. I passed by people in cells with out grown hair and loony eyes, as if driven mad and with a lack of sanity. I pitied them, Merlin knows how long they were here.

The food is disgusting, but what else would I expect in prison, pumpkin pie? What I wouldn't give for some of Mrs Weasley's or Hogwarts food.

It's been two days in here, and I can only think of one word, loneliness. No one to speak to, no sound at all. Sitting in my own silence,  with only my thoughts to accompany me, and a window as access to the outside world, to see dark clouds merge with even darker clouds.

The waves thrashing outside against the concrete wall of the cell makes it shake a little, and makes one feel like they're about to fall into the vast sea.

The silence is deafening. Complete isolation does things to oneself, I've forgotten how many day I've been here now, and I can't help but feel like I deserved it, considering I was the one to bring Tom to power, I was the reason he became obsessed with dark magic.

Hermione Pov:

It had been four days since Y/n left, although it felt like four years. Harry, Sirius and Remus shut everyone out. Sirius was worried about Y/n, knowing how it is inside Azkaban. Harry was afraid, while Remus was anxious for Y/n's return.

We heard she went against the minister, stumping them with her knowledge on the laws of the wizarding world. No one knew how long she would be in Azkaban, but at most 182 days. If what she said about the death eater attack is true, then 10 days. I have a feeling she'll be back soon.

There was a letter from Draco, to Sirius. I came across it when Sirius tossed it away in the trash. It read;

Sirius Black

I hope this letter finds you. I offer my deepest condolences for Y/n, and not a moment goes by where I can't feel nothing but hurt. I never write letters, but when I met you, you reminded me of Y/n a bit like the courage, braveness and boldness you share.

I have made my dad put in a good word with the ministry. If you every see her, tell her I miss her so.

Regards

Draco Lucius Malfoy

Y/n Pov:

I was going mad in here, having flashbacks to every terrible moment in my life, Cedric's death, my parents death, Voldemort coming back, and Myrtle's death. I didn't sleep a wink, not wanting to add nightmares to the list.

The door opened with Dementors waiting outside. I was finally leaving. I couldn't feel more happier. I was escorted to the ministry, still in shackles. I walked past a mirror and saw how thin I had become, in a span of ten days. 

"Y/n Black, charged with banned use of black magic, is to be set free" The minister said. He banged his gavel and the shackles on my hands fell off. "Guess my tip about the death eater attack came true?" I asked.

"Yes it did, which brings us to another question, how did you know?" The minister replied. "I guess you'll never know" I responded.

"Also, I would like to apply for a black magic license, under the name of Y/n Black" I added. "Take this requests up to the head office" the minister replied. "I would, but I have another tip about the death eaters" I said.

"Bargaining now are we?" the minister asked. "I don't mean to be rude sir, I want to practice and harness my dark magic" I replied. "Very well, license granted will be granted if what you say is true" he said banging his gavel. "Death eaters are on fifth elm street, they're gathering there on the 26th" I replied.

"If this is true, you shall have your license" the minister said. "Court adjourned" he added. I walked out of the hall only to see Mr Weasley, Mad eye and Tonks waiting for me. "Y/n!" Mr Weasley exclaimed. "Oh mini me, I was so worried" Tonks added.

"Got us all nervous there" Mad-eye said. "I'm glad to see you guys, but we got to move, I don't want to spend more time here" I replied.