Chapter 48

Thank you for 189k! Don't forget to follow the story's Twitter (@simply_kg__)... The song in this chapter is 'Never Be Alone' by Shawn Mendes, play it when Kat says, "...here we go" ❤️
.
.
.

My eyes shoot open. I slowly sit up, wondering how I ended up on the street in the middle of nowhere. I clench something in my hand, and looking down, I realize it's a knife. Confused, I slowly stand up and walk towards the dirt path on the side of the road. What am I doing here? I look around for someone or something, but all that lay ahead of me is the dusty path. I stop walking and look up at the sky. The sun is hidden by clouds, welcoming the darkness. As I get further away from the street lights, it becomes harder to see. I walk past some trees until I see a fire in the distance. Maybe someone's camping here? I walk towards the red light, eager for someone to explain what's happening. Suddenly, someone calls my name. My head snaps in that direction, but no one is there. I know that voice... My name is repeated, and I'm certain it's her.

"Charlie?" I call.

"Come join us." I hear her say.

Us?

"Where are you?" I ask, walking closer to the fire.

"Over here, silly," I hear behind me.

I turn around to be welcomed by bright, blue eyes.

"How are you here?" I ask her, reaching my hand out to touch her face.

"I've always been here," she tells me, "now come."

I take her hand and she leads me closer to the fire.

"Where are we going?" I ask her.

"I have a surprise for you." She smiles.

When we finally reach the destination, my heart immediately drops.

"W-What did you do?" I stutter.

"Nothing yet, you're going to do it. With that." She points at the knife.

"I-I can't, I don't want to," I tell her.

"Yes you do. You've wanted to kill her ever since you first saw her. Ever since she made you feel like you used to feel for me," she says.

"Let her go Charlie," I demand.

I look at her. Her hands and legs are tied with rope and she's covered in dirt. Her hair is matted and her mascara runs down her cheeks carried by her tears. Somehow, even in this state, she still manages to take my breath away.

I slowly walk over to her and remove the cloth from her mouth.

"Hi beautiful." I smile, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Please get me out of here," she begs me, her voice hoarse.

"I want to Katya, I really want to. But I can't," I tell her.

Her face drops.

"W-Why? What are you going to do to me?" she croaks.

I sigh, taking her face in my hands.

"I'm going to kill you," I tell her.

Her eyes widen.

"Nash, please," she pleads.

"I'm so sorry." I hold up my knife.

"Please, please, don't do this." She cries.

"I don't have a choice," I say, cutting her free of the ropes.