Chapter 83

Helloooo I'm gonna be traveling the next week so I'm not sure if I'll have time to write, but I'll try!! Love you guys, thank you for all the nice comments. ❤️
.
.
.

Kat's POV

Tuesday. Same hospital room, same life-loathing feeling. I check the small clock next to me to see that it's 2:00 in the afternoon. I feel dead inside, my body sore from constantly being life's punching bag. I try to sit up, but the moment I do, I feel like throwing up. So I lay back down, waiting for someone to come find me. Soon enough, Hayes tumbles into the room with a tray of food.

"Good morning my beautiful, best friend," he proclaims.

He smiles brighter than the sun outside.

"I'm not hungry," I say, turning away from him with struggle.

"You have to eat something. You just had surgery," he reasons, setting the tray at the edge of my bed.

When I don't respond, he says, "If you love me, you'll eat something..."

I sigh, grunting loudly at my annoying friend.

"I can't sit up," I tell him.

"I'll help you."

Hayes's arm snakes around to my side and gently lifts me up. I sit upright, and the tray of food lands on my lap.

"I'm honestly not hungry," I say, the nauseous feeling creeping it's way in again.

"How about... the banana? Just for meee?" he sings.

I glare at him as I peel it, taking a bite. I stop after I swallow it, holding my stomach.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

"Bring me a trash can," I say, holding my mouth.

Hayes bolts into the bathroom and returns with the small bin. The second it reaches my hands, I'm throwing up.

"Do you want me to get someone?" he asks me, rubbing my back.

My throat burns as I lean my head over, resting it against the edge of the trash can.

"Not really." I breathe.

"What do you want then?"

"Some gum. Maybe some ginger ale."

"Be right back."

I stare at the food as he leaves the room, thinking of how even it is rejecting me. I can't even enjoy the shitty hospital food forced upon me. Shaking my head, I push the tray aside.

Later, the doctor comes in and tells me that having a sensitive stomach is normal after surgery. I ask him when I'm allowed to leave, and he says after my paperwork is filled out. I'm still sipping the ginger ale Hayes brought me when Nash opens the door, standing in the doorway.

"You can come in," I say, popping the gum into my mouth.

"How are you feeling?" he asks, taking a seat on the chair next to my bed.

"I'm fine," I say.

He gives me a I know you're not fine face, so I shoot him a then why did you ask look.

"Hayes told me you threw up," he says.

I roll my eyes.

"Hayes has a big mouth."

While he's laughing, I notice the paper on "life" sitting on the table, and I snatch it without thinking.

"What is that?" he asks.