Chapter 69

Sorry for the filler! :( Next chapter will be goooooooood :)
.
.
.

I never thought I'd live to see the day where I was actually looking forward to a Monday. But now as I sit backstage once again, my fingers twiddling together as they always do and my leg shaking as it always does, it could not arrive any sooner. After my performance, I managed not to burst into pathetic tears like I did yesterday. I'm just counting down the seconds until I get to leave this event and get on a plane to North Carolina for the trial. The trial is all that's been on my mind for the past week, and to think that tomorrow is the day that a judge decides whether or not Nash goes to jail...

I shake my head, inhaling deeply. If I start dwelling on that fact, I will end up crying or having some form of panic attack. I exhale, imagining all the thoughts of Nash's trial exiting my body, though I know that's impossible. The day that I don't constantly think about Nash is the day that I meet 5 Seconds of Summer.

"Kat, come on stage with me," Hayes says, peeking his head out from the curtains.

I nod and follow him out, the crowd screaming hysterically. I cock my eyebrow at them, not knowing what we exactly did to make them scream.

"I ship it!" someone yells from the crowd.

I look behind me just to make sure there's nobody there before motioning between Hayes and I. They scream louder.

"Ewwww," I say into Hayes's microphone, causing him to gape at me.

"What? Am I so disgusting?" he asks me, an amused smile playing at his lips.

"No but you're my little nugget," I say, ruffling his hair.

"Nugget?"

"Yes, my little nugget." I smile brightly at him.

"I don't know how I feel about that."

"Would you like me to call you Hayeseboo again?"

"Not unless you want to end up on the floor."

"I'll take that as a no."

I turn to walk away, but he grabs my arm.

"Hey," he whispers, "we might as well have one more normal day before the trial."

I sigh, nodding and looking around at the fan's faces.

"We should go down," I say, grabbing a sharpie and hopping down.

Hayes follows close behind, and the security guards struggle to hold everyone back. I sign anything they hold out to me and take pictures, laughing at some of the fans' comments.

"Please date Hayes," one of them says.

"He's like my brother." I laugh.

"You and Cameron are sibling goals," another one says.

"He's actually an asshole, but whatever you say," I tell her, making her laugh.

"Cut deeper next time."

My head snaps up, trying to find the one particular person who said that. Some of the other fans must've heard it too, because they're looking around completely shocked. I cautiously pull at the sleeves of my sweater, making sure they're past my wrists.

"What happened?" I hear Hayes walk up behind me.

"Nothing," I say quickly.

"This person told her to cut deeper," a fan tells him disgustedly, and I shake my head.

"It's fine, lets just go."

"Where is she?" he asks the girls, a stern look on his face.

"I didn't see her," another one says, everyone murmuring in agreement.