Chapter 63

Thank you so much for 275k!! Love love love reading all your comments!! Also, if you ever wanna talk, feel free to message me anytime... ☺️ Annnnddd you can play the songs in this chapter when they're mentioned bc they're amazinggggggg!!! Enjoy :)
.
.
.

My eyes flutter open at the sound of my alarm. "She's Kinda Hot" by 5 Seconds of Summer plays loudly throughout my room, and I don't have the heart to turn it off. I sit up tiredly, managing to crawl out of bed and get ready for the day.

"My girlfriend's bitching 'cause I always sleep in," I sing along.

"She's always screaming when she's calling her friend, she's kinda hot though." I walk into the bathroom.

"Yeah, she's kinda hot though... Just an itty bitty little bit hot."

I continue to hum the tune while I brush my teeth quickly, not being able to refrain from singing my favorite song. While I brush, I pick out some dark, ripped skinny jeans and a white, spaghetti strapped shirt from my closet and lay them on my bed. My thoughts then drift to all the times my clothes have been ruined by the bullies at my school, and I contemplate choosing something I won't miss. I decide not to as a sign of hope; hope that things will be different when I go back. I push the thoughts to the back of my mind. When I finish brushing a while later, I wash my face and walk back into my room, drumming my hands on my thighs.

"My friend left college 'cause it felt like a job. His mom and dad both think he's a slob, he's got a shot though..." I sing as I get dressed, starting my makeup.

"Yeah, he's got a shot though... No, not really." I laugh to myself.

"When you've got bigger plans that no one else understands, you've got a shot though..."

I wait for the chorus to start dancing like a crazy person.

"They say we're losers and we're alright with that!" I clap my hands.

"We are the leaders of the not coming backs, but we're alright though. Yeah, we're alright though." I dance wildly as I apply mascara, which wasn't the smartest idea.

"We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene, yeah we're alright though..." I grunt as it gets on my eyelids.

I clean up the marks and put a little blush and nude lipstick on. I don't know why, but I feel like I have to look decent if all eyes are going to be on me when I walk into the school. But then again, maybe they won't be. Maybe they won't care. Hopefully, they forgot about me while I was away and they don't care enough to bully me anymore because they're over it. The false hope puts a small smile on my face. I hum the instrumental as I decide to leave my hair in natural waves. I mess around with it a bit until I'm happy with it, which is rare.

"Sometimes I'm feeling like I'm going insane," I sing into my hairbrush.

"My neighbor told me that I got bad brains, but I'm alright though. Yeah, we'll be alright though."

God, I love Ashton.

"'Cause we're the kings and the queens of the new broken scene, and we're alright though-"

"Kat shut the hell up! I'm trying to sleep!" Cameron yells from his room.

I sigh and turn off the music. I forgot that I insisted on taking the bus today, and now I'm wishing I hadn't. I was nervous, so utterly nervous. I had no idea what today would entail. Would people ignore me or would they begin to harass me again? Not that they ever stopped, at least not on social media. I finish getting ready a few minutes later and grab my backpack from under my bed. I'm not ready for this, but then again, I never will be. I grab my phone from my bedside table and head downstairs, casually checking my notifications.