Chapter 29

Thank you for 57k❤️ The song in this chapter is 'Apologize' by One Republic. Play it now if you want a real effect...

.

.

.

My eyes open. I'm alone on a stage, hopelessly confused about how I ended up here. I walk to the other side of the stage, my footsteps echoing in the dark, empty room. Towards the end of the stage was a stereo. I pad over to it to get a closer look. After contemplating whether to play it or not, I decide to do so. The soft music begins to play and I recognize the song immediately.

"I'm holdin' on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground," I begin slowly.

"And I'm hearin' what you say, but I just can't make a sound."

I think of Nash, I always think of Nash when I sing.

"You tell me that you need me, then you go and cut me down... but wait..."

Fooling around, he said we were fooling around.

"You tell me that you're sorry, didn't think I'd turn around and say... that it's too late to apologize. It's too late..."

I'm not forgiving him again, I've already done it so many times.

"I said it's too late to apologize. It's too late, too late."

I cross my arms in front of my chest and look down. He does this, he always does this.

I've had enough.

"I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot for you." I hear his voice, causing me to look up.

"I need you like a heart needs a beat, but it's nothin' new, yeah..."

He comes onto the stage.

"I loved you with a fire red, now it's turnin' blue... and you say..." I sing back to him.

"Sorry, like an angel Heaven let me think was you...but I'm afraid it's too late to apologize. It's too late," I sing.

"But I'm sorry," he says.

"I said it's too late to apologize. It's too late..." I repeat.

"Katya, I know you're mad, but I didn't mean what I said. Forgive me, you always forgive me," Nash tells me.

"Exactly," I say.

"It's too late to apologize. It's too late," I sing to him, tears forming in my eyes.

"But Kat-"

"I said it's too late to apologize. It's too late," I cut him off.

"Please just listen-"

"I said it's too late to apologize, yeah.."

"Please."

"I said it's too late to apologize, yeah.."

Nash disappears and I fall to my knees.

"I'm holdin' on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground..."

"Kat."

I gasp and shoot up from the bed; beads of sweat still prominent on my forehead.

"Cam." I sigh and plop back down.