Chapter 62

Thank you for 271k! Longggg chapterrrr☺️
.
.
.

The trip to my room is short due to the fact that I'm desperately sprinting to get there so I can finally break down. I've been holding it in for the most part, a few tears escaping my eyes here and there. When I finally get there, I hastily knock on the door and rush past whoever opened it for me. I go into the bathroom immediately and slide my back down the door until I've reached the ground. I've never experienced a breakup until now, and I can tell you it's worse than all the pictures and quotes and whatever else you find on tumblr; especially if you're still in love with the person. My knees are tucked up to my chest as I let it all out, the realization of it all hitting me harder than I expected it too; harder than I can handle.

After today, I'll be without his kisses and his warm, gentle touch and his deep, soothing voice that said "I love you" in the most sincere way. And I won't talk to him when things go wrong and I won't run into his arms when I have a bad day. And I won't have nightmares anymore.

And he'll have them every night.

I can't do that to him; Cameron can't do that to him. That's torture, pure torture. It's bad enough I was forced to break his heart but now I'm depriving him of sleep? No, that can't happen. I open the bathroom door and run out, only to bump into someone on the way.

Cameron looks at me confused, blocking my way.

"What are you doing?" he asks me, though he's really asking me who I picked.

"I broke up with Nash," I whisper, avoiding his eyes.

"Really?" he asks in disbelief.

"Yes, and now he'll have nightmares every night because of you," I tell him, and he furs his eyebrows.

"Nightmares? What do you mean?" he asks.

"Nash gets nightmares when we're apart and I get them when we're together," I tell him, regretting it as soon as the words tumble out of my mouth.

"He's the reason for your nightmares?" he asks.

"Yeah, and I'm the reason for his," I say.

"You're not going back with him just so he won't have nightmares," he says.

"He'll have one every night Cameron. Every single night," I tell him.

"No he won't Kat. Eventually he'll get over you and the nightmares will go away," he says, and I want to slap him.

I turn and walk towards my bed, Hayes already tucked in and on his phone. He raises his head to listen.

"I didn't mean it like that." Cameron catches on.

"I don't care," I tell him.

"Look Kat-"

"No, you know what?" I turn to face him, "I may have broken up with Nash, but that doesn't mean we're okay. As of right now, I don't have a brother, because a brother would never force me to feel how I'm feeling. And I'm feeling like shit Cameron, complete and utter shit. I don't know how I expected you to react, but it sure as hell wasn't this. This is torture, Cameron. You're torturing me, and I hate you for it," I tell him, and he looks away from me, hurt etched on his face.

But I'm the one who's hurting.

I walk past him without another word and head for the door. I don't know where I'm going really, but I can't stay in there. I know I'll forgive Cam in a while, so I guess I broke up with Nash to have a brother in the long run. But right now, oh right now, I couldn't care less. He's the reason my insides are turning so unbearably that I struggle to breathe. And he's the reason my heart is beating slower than usual, because there's no one to speed it up anymore. And he's the reason my whole body aches; everything just hurts.