Chapter 43

Sorry it's late! These past few days have been hell! 😫 Don't forget to comment, I love reading all of them!
.
.
.

I pull my knees to my chest, rocking back and forth on the bed.

"Stop," I say, pulling away from the kiss.

"Why, what's wrong?" he asks me.

"I-I have a... I'm seeing someone."

My hand shakes as I bring it to my face to wipe away the impending tears; tears I don't deserve.

"Who? That Nash guy? C'mon Kat, we have something. I know you can feel it," he says, taking my hand.

I pull my hand away immediately.

"No! I love him," I tell him.

My body goes numb; I can't remember the last time I felt this type of pain. My mind is set on his beautiful, broken face as he finds out. His angelic light will burn out, blaming himself for my idiocy.

"You can't tell me that you didn't feel anything in that kiss," he says.

"I didn't! I love Nash!" I yell at him.

"Kat," he tries to take my hand again.

"No!" I slap him hard across the face.

His mind will go to the first darkest thought he has. He'll think I'm not interested; that I played him just like Charlie did. He won't understand or listen to reason. He'll leave me as quickly as he came.

He holds his cheek in shock and I take a step back.

"Sorry," I mumble before taking off down the hallway.

"Wait!" I hear him call behind me.

I run into my room and lock the door behind me. He knocks repeatedly, but all I can do is touch my lips and cry.

I can imagine the light leaving his eyes as I tell him; the light that I've worked so hard to instill. I'll try to explain, but he'll stop me and either yell at me or leave. I hope he yells.

My breathing is ragged. I can hear his voice through the thin door of the room.

"Kat, I just want to talk." I hear him say.

My heart is pounding against my chest, and I hope it bursts. I don't deserve to breathe after the event that just played out.

I'll be alone once and for all. The devil himself will slice my sorry wrists and I won't protest. I'll go back to that girl with black holes for eyes, wreaking of death and the past. The girl that Nash buried the first time his blue eyes stared into mine.

"Kat? Why are you crying?" Cameron storms into the room.

I struggle to find the words.

"H-He kissed me," I sob.

"Who? Who kissed you?" His jaw clenches.

"Austin," I whisper.

"That was your first kiss wasn't it?"

If only he knew.

I'm dreading the inevitable phone call that may determine my happiness. May, who am I kidding? The definition of my happiness has two words; Nash Grier.

"Where is he?" Cameron asks me.

"He left," I cry.

"Did he touch you?" he asks.