Chapter 54

Thank you for 240k!! Sorry it took so long!❤️
.
.
.

Silence. I've been waiting outside this door to hear something, anything, from Nash but it's silent.

"Nash," I hear his mother say.

Still nothing. I know a million thoughts are running through his mind right now and I wish I knew what they were. I jump back when I hear the door open. Nash walks out slowly and looks at me, an unreadable expression on his face. There are no tears in his eyes or fear evident; it's blank.

"Nash," I say, as if it would snap him back into reality. As if saying his name would make everything okay.

Without a word, he turns away from me and walks back into the dining room. I'm shocked, so shocked that I stand there for a few minutes trying to make sense of his reaction. Eventually I join everyone at the dinner table, completely forgetting to wash up because it was the last thing on my mind. I sit down next to Hayes and Cameron with Nash sitting across from me. He doesn't look at me; his gaze is focused on his food that he isn't eating.

"How was your day today Hayes?" his dad asks him.

I don't listen to their conversation. I can only focus on Nash's face, mentally begging for him to show any emotion. Eventually he catches me staring and shoots daggers at me. I awkwardly look away and start eating. Nash's mother joins all of us a few minutes later. I'm guessing she was trying to pull herself together.

"Is everything alright?" his dad asks her quietly.

"We need to talk later," she says.

All of a sudden, Nash scoots his chair back and stands up.

"You didn't eat anything," his dad says.

"Not hungry," he replies and leaves.

I'm just relieved to hear him speak. He marches upstairs while everyone continues to eat. I lose my appetite for the most part. Nash is the only thing running through my mind and I'm afraid of what he's going to-

My thoughts are cut short with a crash from upstairs.

"What was that?" his mothers asks while everyone stands up.

"Nash," I whisper and run upstairs.

"Kat wait!" Cameron calls after me, but I don't stop.

I get to his room whilst his lamp is being thrown across the room, ending up in pieces.

"Nash stop!" I yell.

He doesn't look at me or acknowledge my presence. He continues his rampage by picking up a picture frame and smashing it to the ground.

"Nash," I step towards him, "baby please stop."

He doesn't seem to notice me in his rage. When I touch his back, he angrily shoves me away. I lose my balance and fall on the shards of glass. I cry out in pain as everyone else arrives. Cameron rushes inside and pushes Nash away from me.

Nash freezes and stares at the blood running down the back of my leg.

"I-I'm sorry, God I'm so sorry," Nash says, seeming to have snapped back into reality.

"Get away from her," Cameron says, helping me up.

Nash attempts to step towards me.

"I'm sorry Katya, I didn't mean-"

"I said get away!" Cameron yells.

I ignore Cameron and walk towards Nash. Cameron tries to stop me, but I brush him off. I take Nash into my arms and say, "Hey, it's okay. It's gonna be okay."