Chapter 60

Thank you for 265k! Remember to check out the book "Soulmate Characters" and also, the updates might be at weird times since I'm out of the country. Enjoyyyy... You're gonna like this one.... 😏
.
.
.

The hot water of the steamy bath encases me, relaxing my tense muscles. I close my eyes and rest my head back, the lack of noise making my eyelids droop. I fight the urge to sleep by kicking my feet softly, listening to the water ripple. Then suddenly, I hear a bang outside the door as if someone had dropped something. My eyes shoot open and I stare at the door. I don't hear anything else for a while, so I allow my eyes to shut once again. I then hear footsteps outside the door and a shadow can be seen through the bottom space. I contemplate whether or not to ask who's there. It could be Cameron...

I look for my phone and realize it's all the way on the bathroom sink. I look beneath the door again and the shadow has disappeared. Maybe it was my imagination? I close my eyes again, though I know I won't be able to relax now. A knock on the door causes me to open my eyes, but there is still no shadow at the door. I look down at the water and scream when I realize it's a scarlet red color, immediately standing up and practically falling out of the bath. When I look back, the water is normal and my skin isn't stained with red. What is happening?

Not sure if I should go back in, I decide against it and search for my towel. When I turn around, Charlie stands there holding it in her hands.

"Looking for this?" she asks, and I scream while covering myself.

She throws the towel behind her and grabs my head, dunking it into the bath.

I close my eyes and scream, though no one can hear me over the immensity of the water. She pulls my head back up and the bath has returned to the scarlet red color.

"Please," I beg.

"I'm not the only one that gets to die, Bitch!" she screams, dunking my head back under.

The taste of metal enters my mouth and I gag at the thought of bathing in blood. She lifts my head up, the water returning to normal.

"You think he loves you? He loved me. He loves me!" she yells, dunking me back in. My hand desperately tries to push up against her, but she's too strong. She lifts my head back up.

"And now you're gonna end up like me," she sneers in my ear, dunking me one last time in the bloodied water.

I try to scream for help, but I feel the water enter my lungs. I claw at her hands, but her blood only adds to the leters of which I'm drinking. Soon, my vision starts to blur and I can't hear the sounds of my hopeless splashing and bottomless screams. Everything turns black and my actions become weaker. I claw at her one last time before my arm hangs over the bath, motionless.

I sit up, gasping for air. My hands move to my neck where she held me as I struggle to breath. I reach for the bedside table trying to steady myself, but my hand slips and I fall to the floor taking all the contents on the table with it. I'm still wheezing; it's never taken me this long to get back to reality.

"Kat?" I hear someone say.

"Kat!" he yells, and I'm hysterically crying on the floor, gasping for air.

"It's okay, breathe. Breathe Kat." Nash pulls me into his arms and exaggerates breathing slowly so I mimic him.

I start to regain my breath and my heartbeat slows.

I hadn't noticed Cameron and Hayes kneeling next to me as well. I look at them before crying into Nash's chest while he strokes my hair. I wipe my damp forehead with the back of my hand while Hayes and Cameron rub circles on my back.