Chapter 17

Thank you so much for 5k :)

.

.

.

Song for the chapter : The Heart Wants What it Wants - Selena Gomez

"Just know, he'll never make you feel as good as I do."

I shake my head, trying to rid his deep accented voice from my mind.

"He doesn't have this affect on you. Only I do."

I smack my head in frustration. Why am I still thinking of this?

"Um... Kat? Are you okay?" Hayes asks me from across the table.

"I'm fine," I lie.

"I like what I can do to you. I like how I can make you feel."

"I'm going to the bathroom," I say abruptly and leave.

What is this boy doing to me? He's consuming my thoughts; I don't think there has been a time where I wasn't thinking of him. I pace back and forth before stopping and looking into the mirror. Don't let him get to you. Show him who's in control. I take a deep breath before raising my head up high and walking out with complete confidence.

"The food's here." I hear Cameron telling me as I walk up to the table

"Are you okay?" he asks.

I look at Nash, who's watching me with a smirk, before saying, "Never been better."

But I have; I've been a lot better. I start to eat my pasta before realizing that I've lost my appetite. I just want to go home and sleep because I know that Nash will be no where near my nightmares.

"Why are you so quiet, Kat?" Matt asks me.

All eyes are on me and I finish chewing before speaking.

"I'm just tired," I say, not telling him the whole truth.

He nods and goes back to his food, but Nash keeps his eyes on me. I resist making eye contact. I want him to stare; I want it to seem like I could care less. But the minute I hear him let out a small chuckle, I know he can tell I'm pretending to be unaware of his gaze. I finally look at him to see him slowly shaking his head and focusing back on his food. I sigh and push the plate slightly away from me.

"Is something bothering you?" Hayes whispers across the table; everyone else engaged with their own conversations.

"I told you, I'm just tired," I lie again.

"We both know that's not true, Kat."

I stay quiet. There's no way I'm discussing this in a public place, especially not with him here.

"Does this have to do with Nash?" he whispers again.

"I said I'm fine," I snap at him.

Hayes immediately stops talking and goes back to his food.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"I get it, you don't want to tell me," he says, obviously hurt.

"Matt kissed me," I whisper as quietly as I can.

"He what?" Hayes's eyes go wide.

"You heard me and it's messing with my head," I tell him.

"Do you like him?" he asks me.

"I don't know," I tell him.

"What about Nash?"

"I think I like them both." I bite my lip.