Chapter 10

A/N

Thank you so much for 1k reads! You guys made my day<3 Keep voting and commenting! Love you!
.
.
.

Song for this chapter : The Way - Ariana Grande

The rest of the school day went by fast. I continued to get extra attention from everyone, but I didn't really care. It was nice to not feel so... invisible. As I exit the school, I recognize my brother's car and walk towards it. When I climb in, he asks me the same question he does every other day; though today my answer is different.

"How was school today?" Cameron asks.

"Actually... it was okay," I say.

"Really? Why? What happened?"

"I don't know... I felt like I was finally getting noticed."

Cameron sighs and keeps his eyes focused on the road.

"What?" I ask him.

"Just... just be careful," he says.

"I know what you're thinking Cameron, but not everyone talked to me just because of you."

"They were all girls, I'm guessing," he says.

"Not all of them..." I trail off.

"What? Who talked to you?" Cameron asks.

"Calm down, he's nice. His name is Austin."

"Austin? Austin Myers? Captain of the football team Austin Myers?"

"Is it that hard to believe?" I question my skeptical brother.

"No, it's hard to believe you'd be attracted to someone like that," he says.

"You don't know him Cameron," I tell him.

"I don't, but if he's anything like Ed, you should be staying away from him."

"Who's Ed?" I ask.

"His older brother. I went to a few of his parties."

"You? Going to a party?" I joke.

"I'm serious Kat. You need to-"

"No," I cut him off, "you don't get to tell me what I need to do; not anymore. If I want to like a boy, I can. Hell, if I want to kiss a boy, I can."

Memories of Nash and I kissing in the storage closet come to surface.

"Why? Did you kiss him?" Cameron's jaw clenches.

"No, I didn't kiss him. That's not the point." I sigh.

"I don't want you to get hurt, okay? I'm sorry if I'm getting on you, but you're my baby sister. It's my job," he tells me.

"I know, but you are my brother not my father. I don't need another dad, didn't work too well the first time," I say as we pull up to our house.

I leave the car silently and go inside.

"Hey Kat, how was your day?" my mother asks me, though it seems like she cares more about whoever she's texting.

"Same as always," I lie and go upstairs.

I throw my backpack to the floor and fall back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I think about what Cameron said about Austin's brother Ed and his parties. What happens at these parties? Is Austin involved with them? Is he like his brother? What made him notice me in the first place? Obviously it wasn't Cameron's fame; he's not a screaming fan girl. Could he actually have seen me and noticed I was pretty? Is the scenario where a guy like him likes a girl like me possible? A vibration against the wood of my desk cuts me from my thoughts and I get up to retrieve my phone.