Chapter 89

Your comments make me so so so happy. Best part of my day.

.

.

.

Nash's POV

Chicago. The hotel is crowded, more than usual, and my eyes automatically scan for Kat. I notice her bare nails digging into her palms, her breathing increasing. I immediately grab her hand, and she jumps back a little, searching for her brother. Before she can let go, I attempt to lead her towards the hotel lobby. My name is being screamed in all directions, and the sea of fans draws nearer. Kat's grip on my hand tightens, her cheek resting securely on my arm. When my feet finally hit the tile floor, I let out a sigh of relief. Still, the girls follow us with their phones flashing repeatedly, and Kat looks at me, nodding over to them.

"What?" I ask her.

"Go take pictures with them," she tells me, determination laced in her eyes.

I look over at the excited girls trying to keep their distance.

"What about you?" I ask her, noticing the heavy bags under her eyes.

"I'll be here," she says, forcing a smile.

I lean in to kiss her forehead, but stop myself when I snap out of the force of habit. I walk over to them with a smile, my eyes checking on her every few minutes. I pose for everyone's pictures, engulfed in ponytails and lipstick until I can't see the outside world anymore.

"Sorry guys, I have to go to my room," I tell them, trying to tune out the sound of their disappointed sighs.

When I manage to break out, Kat isn't there. I curse under my breath, searching the lobby with desperate eyes. I start to get a strange feeling in my stomach, my palms dampening slightly as I rub them together.

"Nash," I hear, and turn around to see Kat there with a confused expression resting on her beautiful face.

"I'm fine." She laughs a little.

"Right... I know..." I tell her, wiping my palms on my black, ripped jeans.

She rolls her eyes playfully before Cameron diverts our attention.

"I've got the room keys," he tells Kat.

"Okay, I'll get Hayes," she says, but Cameron gently grabs her arm.

"What?" she asks him.

"He's not going to be rooming with us," Cameron says.

"What? Why?" I ask him, and Cameron glares at me.

"You think I'm sleeping with him too?" Kat narrows her eyes, crossing her arms challengingly.

"No, I don't think- God, Kat! Why do you have to be so difficult?" His fingers quickly find comfort in his brown hair.

"I don't know, why do you have to be so overbearing?" She raises a defiant brow.

"Wait... Who's rooming with you guys then?" I ask timidly.

"Shawn and Matt," Cameron says, and my blood instantly boils.

"What?!" I shout, not caring if everyone in the hotel lobby is staring at me.

"Nash, keep your voice down," Kat warns.