Chapter 52

Thank you so much for 227k! Just remember that I read EVERY comment so go ahead and tell me what you think of this story so far!
😋💞
.
.
.

I open my eyes. Darkness surrounds me, the only light being the one spotlight focused on me. I look around, searching for disfigured faces in the dark. I try to move, but my hands and feet are tied down to the chair I sit on. I contemplate calling for help, but who would hear me? My kidnapper? I pull my hands apart as hard as I can, but the ropes remain knotted.

"So," I hear a voice, "you're finally awake."

But I know that voice...

"Where are you?" I ask, searching the darkness once more.

"Right here." I feel hot breath on the back of my neck, but when I turn, no one is there.

"Show yourself!" I demand.

"Oh honey," the voice says, "you're in no position to be demanding things."

I shake in my chair, continuously looking in every direction knowing she could be anywhere.

"Why am I here?" I ask.

"You're here because you're lost, confused," she says.

"Confused about what?" I ask.

"I think you know the answer to that." She laughs.

"Step into the light," I say.

I hear her sigh.

"Very well."

I hear footsteps coming towards me and stare at the darkness ahead. Finally, her face is visible. It's... me.

"But how..." I start to ask.

"I'm your sub conscience, your inner thoughts," she says while circling around me.

"Why am I tied up?" I ask.

"Because you feel like you're stuck in life," she says.

"Stuck? I'm not stuck," I defend.

"Aren't you?" she asks.

"I'm confused about Nash, aren't I?" I ask her.

"Yes." She stops in front of me.

"You're wondering if he truly is your soulmate," she says, her face inches away from mine.

"No, I know he is," I argue.

"Really? Then why do you have nightmares every time you're together?" she asks me.

"That's what I wanted to ask you," I say.

She laughs a little and backs up.

"It's a sign that you're not supposed to be together," she tells me.

"I don't believe that. He told me he has nightmares whenever we're away. The universe wants us together," I insist.

She sighs like I'm a child talking nonsense.

"You are the only good in his life, Katya. He is the only bad in yours."

"I have plenty of bad in my life," I say.

"And you admit he's part of it?"

"No, he is the only good."

She walks closer to me and slaps me across the face.