Chapter 34

Thank you so much for 93k! You have no idea what that means to me❤️
.
.
.

"Has this ever happened before?" Matt asks as I nuzzle my head into his chest.

"Yes," I say.

There's no point in lying about it anymore. I have this strange desire to tell him everything, but I know I can't. I just don't know what to do with myself anymore.

"What did he do this time?" Matt asks.

"Who?" I question, remaining in our comfortable position on the bed.

"Nash," he says.

"It's not important," I say.

"It clearly was," he retaliates.

"He said he feels nothing for me," I tell him, mocking Nash's serious tone.

Matt looks at me, confused almost, as if out of all his possible scenarios of what Nash could do to me, that couldn't be one of them.

"What do you mean he feels nothing?" asks Matt.

"I mean he feels nothing. It's okay though, I'll get over it," I say, trying to convince myself more than Matt.

"That doesn't make sense," he says.

"What do you mean?"

"He obviously has feelings for you."

"No, he obviously doesn't. I feel weird talking about this, can we change the subject?" I ask him.

"Yeah, of course."

There's a few minutes of silence before Matt finally speaks up.

"Can I take you out somewhere?" he asks.

"Where?"

"Somewhere fun."

"I don't really feel like going out right now," I admit.

"It will be good for you." Matt looks at me.

"I don't know..."

"I just want you to take your mind off of him." He sighs.

"Okay, let's go," I say.

"Really?" He sounds surprised.

"Why not, better than being here I guess."

He smiles and gets off of the bed enthusiastically.

"Just let me change first," I say, noticing that my comfy airport attire isn't really appropriate for a day out in the town.

He nods as I pick out some jeans and a sweatshirt and head into the bathroom. I cringe when I see the blood stained floor. It feels like it was days ago when I committed the act, but it has only been hours. I place my clothes next to the sink and stare into the mirror. There's a girl staring back at me, a girl I do not recognize. She has reddened eyes complimented with dark circles. Her hair is tangled and matted from her constantly pulling it out; or trying to at least. Her cheeks are sticky with tear stains and her lips are swollen from biting them to keep from crying even more. I don't like this girl in front of me, but that's who he turned me in to.

I change into the uncomfortable clothes I'd rather not be wearing and throw my hair up into a messy bun. I debate on whether or not I should wear my glasses as well, but decide against it. I walk out of the bathroom to find Matt leaning on the desk, phone in hand. Once he notices me, he smiles.

"Ready?" he asks.

I nod and grab my purse as we walk out the door.

"Shouldn't we tell the guys where we're going?" I ask Matt.