Chapter 40

Thank you for 129k❤️ Don't forget to comment😁
.
.
.

I sit up immediately, beads of sweat dripping from my forehead. Nash shifts to face me.

"Another nightmare?" he asks, his voice full of guilt.

"Yeah. It wasn't that bad though," I assure him, laying my head back on his chest.

Cameron and Hayes are still out with the guys and I must've fallen asleep while Nash and I were watching a movie.

"I don't want to go home tomorrow," I admit while Nash soothingly runs his fingers through my hair.

"Me either. We'll see each other next weekend though," he tells me.

"I don't want to be away from you that long," I say, tightening my arms around his torso.

"I know, baby, I know." He kisses my forehead.

"I have to go back to school," I say shakily.

"Oh look, she's wearing a bra this time!"

"Looks like the whore finally learned her lesson."

"You need to switch schools," Nash tells me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I can't. And even if I did, it's all over the Internet. Nothing's gonna change." I sigh.

"You shouldn't have to go through this alone." He rubs my arm comfortingly.

"I'm not alone," I shift to face him, propping my body up on my elbows, "I have you."

"You know what I mean," he whispers, his eyes never leaving mine.

"What if something happens and I'm not there? What if you try to hurt yourself again?" His frantic eyes search mine as if they held all the answers in the world.

"Cameron's there, he'll watch me," I say.

"I know he will. I just wish it was me," he admits, brushing his thumb over my cheek.

"Me too," I say.

"What was your nightmare about?" he asks me.

"Cameron and I were in the basement and my dad was picking out a weapon to use. He picked a baseball bat and started beating Cameron with it. I wanted to stop him so I grabbed his gun and shot him. But when I blinked, my dad was replaced with... Cameron. I killed him." My voice wavers.

"How can you say that wasn't that bad?" he asks me.

"I've had worse," I tell him.

"Like what?" he questions.

"Like the ones where you're there too," I say.

Nash sits up a little.

"I'm in your nightmares?" he asks.

"Occasionally..." I say.

"What happens in them?" he pushes.

"Nash..."

"You can tell me," he pleads.

"Okay... Well in some of them you died, some of them you... attacked me..."

"Attacked you? I attacked you?" He looks at me with so much concern it physically hurts.

"You have to know that I would never, ever, hurt you physically." He takes my face in his hands.

"Nash, I know you'd never hurt me. Don't be ridiculous." I lean my head into his hand, closing my eyes.

"Okay, good," he says, pulling me back down to his chest.