Chapter 35

Thank you soooo much for 100k❤️ You seriously don't know how much this means to me. When I started, I didn't even think I'd hit 1k, and when I did, it was the happiest day of my life. But look where I am now! And it's all thanks to you guys❤️❤️ Btw, a lot of you requested Nash's POV, so I hope you enjoy...😍
.
.
.

My eyes open. I'm back at the park I had discovered when I ran from Matt at the fair. Hadn't Cameron picked me up already? Goosebumps rise on my skin as a gust of cold wind passes through me. I look around for some form of an explanation to why I am here, but come up short. As I try to walk closer to the road, I find myself unable to move my legs. I glance at the ground and gasp when I realize that my feet aren't touching the dirt floor. My eyes widen with realization and I begin to panic.

I'm hanging from the metal chain I constructed moments ago.

I open my mouth to scream, but the noise only plays in my head. What is happening? How did I end up this way? Just when I think it can't get any worse, a white van pulls up the curb.

"NO!" Cameron screams from the top of his lungs, getting out of the car and dropping to his knees.

"W-Why?" he sobs, punching the ground multiple times as if it had done this to me.

"Cameron I'm okay, I'm alive," I say, but my lips remain unmoving.

Matt sprints out of the car before stopping abruptly in front of me, holding his chest as if I had physically knocked the air out of him.

"K-Kat?" His voice cracks.

"I'm here, I can hear you Matt." I start to cry, but feel no tears streaming down my face.

"Oh my God," he whispers and covers his hands with his face, crying into them.

Nash stumbles out of the car, stopping immediately when he sees me. I focus on the heartbroken look plastered on his face as he clings to the car to keep from falling.

"Nash, it's okay. I'm still here, I'm fine," I try to scream, though I know no one can hear me.

Nash's body begins to shake as he slowly crumbles to the ground. I can only imagine what's going through his mind right now as he experiences this pain for the second time.

Only he loved Charlie, unlike me.

"Why the hell did you do this Kat? Why?" Cameron breaks into sobs and takes my face in his hands.

"I was miserable Cameron, couldn't you see that?" I say, my voice cracking.

He yanks at the chain around my neck, trying to get me down. Frustrated when it doesn't budge, he turns to Matt.

"This is your fault!" he screams and lunges at Matt.

"Cameron stop! I did this!" I shout at him.

"It wasn't my fault she ran!" Matt yells back at him, dodging his swing.

"You should've kept an eye on her! I trusted you!" Cameron shouts, punching him hard in the stomach.

The fight continues in the background, but Nash pays no attention to it. His ocean blue eyes are focused on my lifeless body. Slowly and unsteadily, he stands up straight and saunters towards me. He stays in front of me and sighs.

"Not again," he barely whispers.

"I'm alive Nash." My voice betrays me, coming out as a squeak.