Chapter 92

8 chapters left... ?!??????!??!!
.
.
.

Nash's POV

I feel a nudge at my side, and I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not. When it strikes again, much harder, I force my eyes open. They immediately reduce to a squint when the light hits, and I look around for a moment to remember where I am. I look down, and a sleeping Kat is laying on my chest in the middle of the hallway; an angry Cameron is staring down at the both of us.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asks.

"I... don't really know," I tell him, rubbing my eyes open.

"Were you guys out here all night?"

"Well, I was. She came late at night and we just started talking," I whisper.

"About what?" he asks.

"Nothing really."

He looks down at his sister.

"Let her sleep," I tell him.

"Did she sleep okay?" he asks me, taking me by surprise.

"Oh, um... she had a nightmare but I calmed her down. She got a few hours in," I assure him.

"She's gonna want time to get ready," he tells me.

I check the time on my phone.

"I'll wake her up on time," I say.

He takes one last glance at her before reluctantly leaving. My hand slowly runs through her long hair, and I smile at her pouted lips. She's really adorable when she sleeps, though I'd never tell her that.

About an hour later, I stroke her cheek softly, whispering her name. Her eyelashes flutter, and she looks around frantically, obviously confused.

"Good morning, sunshine." I smile at her.

She inhales deeply, wiping the sleep away from her eyes. They land on me, and a lazy smile forms on her lips. Then all of a sudden, her doe eyes widen with worry.

"What time is it?" she asks me.

"About 12," I reply.

She looks at her room across the hall.

"Yes, he saw us," I answer the question pounding in her mind.

"How are you alive?" she asks me.

"I'm a sweet talker." I wink, and she rolls her perfect eyes at me.

"Wait, who else saw us?" she asks.

"I don't know, everyone I guess. I'm pretty sure Cameron was the last one out."

She covers her face with her hands.

"That's so embarrassing."

A few minutes later, we're separated in our own rooms. I throw on Hayes's grey shirt that I'm sure he won't miss, and some black ripped jeans. I quickly run my fingers through my hair until it sticks up just right, and head for Kat's room.

The door is cracked open slightly, and I carefully push it further. She's facing the window, wearing nothing but her high-wasted shorts. I'm about to announce myself, but I enjoy the show a little longer.

I don't know what makes her turn around, but she does, and her cheeks immediately heat up.

"Nash!" she squeals, covering her bra.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." I smirk, sitting at the end of one of the beds.

She shakes her head disapprovingly before throwing on a cropped shirt. I don't mean to stare, but I do. I eye the tight material from top to bottom, bringing my lip between my teeth. She doesn't seem to notice, and if she does, she ignores it. I'm relieved when she heads into the bathroom, because a few more seconds and I would've ripped that top right off of her.