Chapter 71

300k WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT THANK YOUUUU❤️
.
.
.

You are dead to me you are dead to me you are dead to me you are dead to me.

That's all I hear, and at this point, my torturous mind has me convinced that it's all I ever will hear. I still remember the look in his eyes, one of absolute betrayal and disgust, as he muttered the words. I can still hear the deep vibrations in his throat as the hateful words escaped from his once pure lips. And though it was mainly aimed at my brother, I can't help but feel as though it was partially aimed at me too. And as I sit here on this cheap hotel bed somewhere in North Carolina, the words continuing to echo throughout my thoughts, I can't decide how to feel about anything anymore because nothing is as it should be.

I was supposed to run into his unshackled arms as he whisked me away with his newfound freedom. We were supposed to go home together, thanking the universe that this is all over and everyone is happy. We were supposed to be happy. And with that said, I'm not quite sure how to feel. Should I be mad at Cameron for sleeping with Charlie, or should I be thankful that it was enough to get him out of jail? My jumbled thoughts are painfully clashing together in an unpleasant manner and the feeling is unbearable.

The door opens and an exhausted-looking Cameron walks in with a bag of McDonald's and a sigh. He places it on a nearby table before plopping onto the other single bed, rubbing his stressed-out face with his hands.

"You good?" I ask him, though I know he's far from it.

He peeks at me through his fingers before sitting up, giving me a "really?" look.

"I just lost my best friend," he tells me, his tired eyes holding so much regret.

"He'll get over it Cameron, just give it time," I say, eyeing the bag of food.

"Go ahead, it's for you," he tells me.

"I'm not that hungry," I say.

"You have to eat."

"I don't have an appetite after today."

He looks at me sternly, narrowing his eyes.

"Fine." I roll my eyes, retrieving the bag from the table.

"Did you see Hayes before everything got crazy?" he asks me.

"I couldn't. They got in that car so fast, I didn't even wave bye," I tell him, scarfing down my first chicken nugget.

"You can tell him to come spend the night here if you want," Cameron offers.

"No it's okay, he just got his brother back. We can go see him in the morning before we leave," I say, and he nods in agreement.

After watching countless random tv shows and eating an entire ten piece nugget meal, with large fries, I decide to call it a night. As I lay there staring at the painted ceiling, I wonder how Nash is doing. I wonder if he's still awake too, staring at the ceiling in his room or if he's asleep, having nightmares about this whole day.

I can't decide which one is better.

Nash's POV

I uh... I'm the one who got Charlie pregnant.

The words replay in my mind like a never ending nightmare; only this time, I wish I was dreaming. I want nothing more than to jolt up in my bed, trying to calm my breathing and heart rate while beads of sweat run down from my forehead. I want to open my eyes and laugh at the ridiculous notion that reality could be that cruel. But it is that cruel. Reality has taken cruelness itself and bent it into something unrecognizable and far worse; the truth. And the thing about the truth is that it's never relieving. What's supposed to be the most relieving thing of all is the exact opposite. It invokes anxiety and pain and this feeling I have right now in my chest that won't go away. It's as though a giant weight is sitting on my lungs, the crushing of my ribs audible from a mile away. And no matter how hard I try to rid this God-forsaken weight, another one replaces it; heavier than the last.