Chapter 12

Thank you guys so much for 2k! Keep voting and commenting and all that good stuff! ❤️

.

.

.

Song for this chapter : Pretend it's ok - Little Mix

Wednesday; party day. Today is the day that I'm going to be attending my first high school party; and it's with a boy! I wake up with a big smile on my face. The day had started off good. No nightmares, my father and Nash were no where to be found in my thoughts. I get up and saunter into the bathroom. I put my hair up in a messy bun and begin to wash my face and brush my teeth. After that, I replace my contacts and get dressed. I put a little more make up than usual; I feel daring today. My hair falls past my upper back in natural waves. My mom isn't yelling at me to get up which is unusual. When I'm satisfied, I rush downstairs to see Cameron making himself a bowl of cereal. He doesn't say a word.

"You okay?" I ask him while getting a fresh bowl.

"I know Kat. Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore," he says.

"What are you-"

"Oh save it. Really? Giving me the wrong time to the party? Do you not want me to go that badly? To have mom lie about it?" He raises his voice.

"I didn't tell her to lie," I tell him.

"Yeah, okay." He scoffs.

"I'm serious. We both think you need to calm down Cam." I pour in the milk.

"Calm down?! You've never been to a high school party Kat. You don't know what shit happens there," Cameron says.

"Well," I take a spoonful of cereal into my mouth, "then tell me what shit happens at these parties."

"Sex, drugs, alcohol..."

"You're exaggerating. Not all parties are like that," I say.

"No, but Myers' parties are like that."

"You've been to one of Austin's parties?" I raise a brow.

"Not Austin, Ed. And if he's anything like his brother, which I'm sure he is, there will be all of those things present." Cameron sighs.

I stay quiet and finish my cereal.

"You're going to be late. C'mon," Cameron calls halfway out the door.

I put my bowl in the sink and follow him out. Austin will protect me from all of that stuff, I know he will. I climb into the car and Cameron starts driving.

"Have you had any more nightmares since we got here?" Cameron asks me.

"None other than the one with Na-"

I immediately stop myself.

"With who? Nash?" Cameron looks at me.

"Um... I had a dream of um... Of that night where he scared me! You know? Where you guys all dressed in hoodies and pretended you were going to kidnap me? Yeah... Just that one," I ramble on.

Cameron gives me a weird look, but accepts my answer.

"So none involving dad?" he clarifies.

"No dad," I confirm his question.

He nods and continues on the road. That was close; way too close. I need to monitor my words. I can't let him know that the romantic carnival dream involved Nash. He'd freak out and never let me see him again; not that I'd ever want to, but Magcon was a great experience and that involves seeing Nash. When my school comes into view, Cameron parks in the back of the parking lot, as usual, and I get out after thanking him. I walk towards the familiar double doors but get stopped half way.