Chapter 73

Sorry for the wait! ❤️ I was wondering how you found my story?
.
.
.

Another useless day; it seems like all my days are useless. I mean, what do I have to look forward to? A call from Nash that will never come? My usual beating as I walk through the halls? Verbal abuse when I finally get home again? Useless. Another useless day for a useless person.

I stare at my wrist, tracing the scars with my finger. At least you've stopped mutilating yourself over stupid things. Most people have it way worse than you. I have to force myself to tear my eyes away, afraid of what will happen if I allow my gaze to linger. As I stare in the mirror, I don't recognize the girl looking back at me. She has dark circles under her red eyes, overly flushed cheeks, and an evident look of pain plastered on her face. You'd think that by now I'd know this girl like the back of my hand, but I still shiver every time I meet her.

The car ride to school is silent but comfortable. I lean my head against the cold window, adjusting the strap on my cast. God, what a nuisance this thing is. Stop complaining, most people have it way worse than you. I sigh, rolling my eyes at my thoughts. Does that mean I can't feel bad for myself? Yes.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asks me.

"Not really," I tell him.

"Right, stupid question. How can I make it better?" he asks.

"You can make a u-turn."

"Kat, we've talked about this."

"I know, I know. I guess you can't make it better," I reply, closing my eyes.

I hear him sigh in defeat as we pull up to the school. I'm about to get out when Cameron softly grabs my arm.

"What?" I ask.

"Can I take you to see someone after school?" he asks me.

"See someone? Like a therapist?" I ask him, no emotion in my voice.

I was honestly expecting this sooner or later. My family has definitely introduced the idea to me; or should I say shoved it down my throat.

"Yes, like a therapist," he says.

I look down before whispering, "You think I'm crazy."

"Hey, look at me," he says.

I refuse.

"Kat," he pleads, lifting my chin up to meet my watery eyes.

"I don't think you're crazy, I think you're depressed," he says.

"Talking to someone won't change that," I tell him.

"You never know. And with the right medication-"

"Medication? You do think I'm crazy," I say, opening the door.

"No I don't Kat, just hear me out!" he begs, but I don't.

I slam the car door and wipe away my tears before walking into Hell. I keep my head down, cursing myself for not being able to stop the flow of tears cascading down my cheeks. I grip the strap of my backpack tighter, my knuckles turning white.

"Aw, someone made you cry before I could?" Heather sneers as I reach my locker.

I don't respond.

"Nice cast by the way. It really adds to the whole... freak look."

Andrea and Jenn snicker behind her.

I still don't respond.

"Are you ignoring me?" she asks, her voice filled with venom.