(KD) You're Home

Kayce Dutton x female reader
- He's not married or has a child yet. Kayce is dating the reader and shows her his family's ranch.

"Kayce, where are we going?" I asked looking out the front of the trucks windshield as we drive on a dirt road. He looks over at me driving under a sign with gold lettering that reads 'Yellowstone Dutton Ranch.' I gasped reading the words. He's told me of his family but we haven't been dating long enough for him to introduce me to his family. Meaning father, sister and two brothers along with the cowboys of the Bunkhouse.

Once the truck is parked he got out rounding my side to open my door, hand open for me with a nervous smile. "Y/n, welcome to my family's ranch." My eyes scanned over miles and miles of open green fields. I'd lived in a small neighborhood in the courtside but this is the true countryside. "It's beautiful Kayce." A huge smile on my face before the front door of the house opened.

An older looking man exited wearing a black cowboy hat smiling at the two of us. "So this is the girl you've been talking about for past two weeks?" Kayce nods as I blushed holding my hand put to introduce myself. "Hello, uh - Mr. Dutton. I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n." He smiled shaking my hand softly. "Call me John Y/n. He'll be good to you."

A few hours later I was introduced to the others and we all got along well. The sun is starting to set over the valleys as I sit on the porch swing before I hear the galloping of a horse's hooves. Turning my head I gasped seeing Kayce striding up riding the horse. "Care for a ride into the sunset, little lady?" He tipped his dusty black hat up to me, a cheeky grin on his face.

Descending the stairs I giggle at my boyfriend as he swung his legs over the side to dismount the horse. "I've never rode a horse before, cowboy." He gently takes my hand in his pointing with his other to the shadels foot hole. "Put your left foot in there and swing your right over the horses back." I do as he says but I clutch the reigns when the horse moves winning.

"It's okay. You're okay. He likes you is all." Kayce chuckles as I lightly blush releasing my grip when he climbs on behind me. His hands rest over mine clicking his tongue for the horse to gently trot off through the wooden fence.

Kayce stops the horse in the middle of an open field as my eyes take in the sight of a sunset orange glow casting over the land. "Y/n. I want you to know two things..." Kayce trails off laying back on the horse, resting my head on his chest with a smile. "One, I love you. And two is, that this place can be a home for you."

Turning in his comfortable arms I wrap my arms around his neck. "I love you too. But listen to me, my cowboy." I smile leaning up and gently kissing him. "My home is wherever you are, Kayce Dutton."

He leans down capturing my lips with his, one hand on my waist and the other removed his hat placing it ontop of my head. "That's right, my darlin' cowgirl." A genuine smile on his lips as we simply watch the rest of the sunset go behind the hills.

Comments welcome :)