(RW) Sibling Matchmaking

Rip wheeler x female reader
- Request from @the-morning-star-falls from tumblr. Thank you for another cute idea!

On a girl's night with her older sister Beth the reader gets drunk and tells her sister that she is in love with Rip, has been for the last few years. So Beth plays matchmaker. (Reader is Kayce's twin)

Beth's POV
Y/n's been sad since Kayce had left the family to help his pregnant girlfriend. The twins are really close but Y/n and are close too. She bursts onto the porch handing me a bottle of tequila with two glasses. I move over in the swing so she can sit, more like stumble onto. Of course she's already drunk. I'm the only person who will drink with her in this messed up family of ours.

"Beth - I got a - secret." Y/n draws out hiccuping. I fill my glass drinking the contents quickly, adding four more drinks to give me a buzz. "What's the secret, sis?"

A horse galloped towards the barn causing her to drunkenly get to her feet gazing from the railing. "I'm in love with.." I sip from the Tequila bottle eyeing the barn to see Rip closing it up. She tilts her head to the side trailing off. "Awe -  wish you were mine."

"Rip, for how long?" I start gagging on my drink I gasped at the truth. Y/n spun around tipping her tan cowgirl hat up sadly. "Years - far too long. But there's no - he feels same."

The look of her sad smile makes me sad too. But I clasp the bottle in my hands smirking. Time to play matchmaker.

The morning came and I woke up with a headache but push past it. Throwing on a brown cowgirl hat with a orange dress and boots I head to find Rip. He's in the barn brushing Y/n's light brown horse that Kayce had convinced our dad to get on their 18th birthday. "Mornin' Beth." He greeted me with a bright smile.

"Enough is enough." I huff crossing my arms over my chest. He tipped his hat up in confusion. "Enough of what?"

I pull him to the doorway seeing Y/n step out of the house in blue jeans and red flannel shirt with brown boots and a light brown cowgirl hat.  Her hair blowing in the wind as she eyes the sunrise. "All the hidden glances and unspoken words between you two. Saddle up her horse and take her on a ride into the sunrise. Because damn Rip she loves you!" I throw my hands up revealing to the cowboy.

"She - she does?" Rip seems baffled by the statement. I nod my head pushing him to her horse. "Yes, now go. But don't mention I told you, she said it drunk last night." He galloped out of the barn as she reaches the fence parting her lips in shock.

Y/n's pov
Why'd I drink so much last night, again. A horse galloped over and I gasp seeing its Rip and he's riding my horse. Ever since my twin brother left I didn't have the heart to ride my girl anymore. "Bad headache there darlin'?" He asks with concern in his tone.

"Tequila is good in the evening but horrible in the morning." I slowly shake my head reaching through the fence to brush her coat. "Why you riding her, cowboy?" He tipped his hat up laying his hand ontop of mine still sitting on the saddle. "Thought the old girl deserved a ride every now and then. You - uh - wanna hop on?"

I slowly jerk my hand away looking at my boots blushing. Did he just ask me on a date of some kind. "Rip I uh - you're probably busy." He shakes his head no, dismount to help me over the fence with an open hand. "I'm never too busy for you, Y/n. Besides when's the last time you just rode off into the sunset."

"Rip. That's the sunrise." I giggled pointing to the sun rising over the fields seeing him blush lightly. "I knew that - anyway how about that ride?" My eyes drifted up to his loving ones then down to his still open palm. Finally though I place my hand in his allowing him to help me on my horse with him sitting behind me. I click my tongue lightly smacking the reigns having her gallop like it's second nature for both of us. We rode through the fields of the ranch for almost the whole morning until lunchtime. Entering the fenced area Rip cleared his throat dismounting the horse. "Y/n today was about more than just riding a horse with you. I - I love you. I know I should've told you sooner but I was too scared. But I'll say it over and over again, I love you Y/n Dutton."

I slowly dismount my horse tying her to the fence, so I can focus on what he just said. Rip actually loves me. "Rip, I - I love you too. And I'm sorry - I'm sorry for not telling you sooner too. But ever since Kayce left I've...I've been closed off. Terrified that if I opened my heart to you that you might leave me-" He cuts me off resting a finger over my lips having our gaze lock.

"I'm sorry is two words you never have to say to me. You hear me Y/n. I'll never ever leave you honey. Because I love you and this ranch too damn much." I press my hands against his black jacket as he cups my face in his hands with a huge grin. "I love you, Rip. You're all I need." I vowed as he captured my lips with his.

Unknown to the pair John and Beth were watching from the barn. "You did a good job setting them up honey. Y/n needed Rip." He spoke with a smile to his eldest daughter who layed her head on her father's shoulder grinning. "Thank you, daddy. I know he needed her too."

Comments welcome and requests are open :)