(JD) - Merry Ranch

Request from @whateverthecostner on Tumblr. Reader and John spend their first Christmas decorating and watching Hallmark movies, that he secretly loves

John Dutton is a busy man. But it warmed my heart when he said we could actually spend Christmas together. Christmas is my favorite time of year. Specifically because I can watch Hallmark movies all the time. Tonight's the night I'm finally going to convince him that they're good movies. He doesn't seem to like them that much. I'm not sure why. A romantic Christmas adventure is the best story ever. Placing one of his hats on my head I lean up on my elbows on the couch seeing the front door open.

"Hello darlin'" He smiles fondly closes the door removing his coat coming to give me a kiss. He rounded the couch pulling ne down to sit beside him. "So what did you have in mind for our first Christmas together?" I giggle getting up grabbing the popcorn and holiday treats from his kitchen. Grabbing the tv remote I turn it on pulling up a Hallmark movie called "A Christmas Prince." John raises a brow looking at me. "This again sweetheart?" Getting on my knees I use the puppy dog eyes begging him. "Pretty please John. You'll like this one, just give it a chance."

A few minutes into the movie he was laughing that the prince had stolen the girls cab. At the hour point into the movie I paused it playfully smirking at him. "You little liar Mr. Dutton." He blushes a little at being caught. "You said you didn't like them. Especially this one. I wanna know why and I wanna know now." He looks down for a second then locking gazes with me. "I know you have a crush on the prince in this one. So I thought you'd want something like a princess..."

He leans behind the couch picking up a small present with a red bow tied around it. Opening the box I gasped gently picking up a princess crown that didn't look like a children's toy. "Oh John...I thank you." Sitting it down I fling my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist smiling. "You're welcome honey." I get to my feet coming from his room with my Christmas gift for him. He opens the box to see a framed picture of us. John and I were riding a horse together smiling. Tate his grandson had managed to get my phone and snap a picture.

"My favorite picture of us. I love it." He goes to sit it ontop of the fireplace coming back and holding an open hand for me. "Wanna dance?" Placing my hand in his he picks up the crown with his other sitting it on my head. "There you go darlin'" Resting my hands around his neck his hands on my waist slowly dancing in front of the fireplace. "Merry Christmas. I love you John Dutton." A loving smile masks my face leaning up on my toes I kissed him. John kisses back gently tugging me into his chest. "I love you too Y/n L/n."

Comment and vote
Requests are open :)