(LD) Cowboy Survivor

Lee Dutton x female reader.
Awesome idea given to me from @the-morning-star-falls from Tumblr. Anyone who misses Lee Dutton from Yellowstone, this is for y'all. Lee Dutton survives his injury and falls in love with the nurse that tends to his wounds.

(Y/H/C) - your hair color
(Y/E/C) - your eye color

Lee's POV
Opening my eyes slowly I squint at the bright lights. Looking around I see an ivy in my arm. "Thank God you're alive!" My brothers voice came out. Kayce sits in a chair pulled at my bedside. I try to sit up but wince sharply seeing a bandage over my bullet wound. Right, rescuing the cattle. "Dad's gonna be mad I'm here." I say laying back on the pillow, seeing my cowboy hat rested on the foot of the bed. He doesn't like hospital's at all.

"I think he'll be happier you're alive. And don't worry about dad...I'll handle him." Kayce said running a hand through his hair just as the door opened in walks a girl with (y/h/c) and (y/e/c), wearing a simple nurse outfit. "Hello, Mr. Dutton. My name's Y/n L/n. I'll be your nurse."

The Y/n girl hands a clipboard to my brother. "It's all written down as you requested, Kayce. Mr. Dutton will only have to pay half the bill." He nods reading the papers before signing his name, leaving the room. "I'll be back tomorrow when you get discharged." I simply bit my lip at him. "Thanks, Kayc."

"It was brave what you did, Mr. Dutton." Y/n rounds my bedside reaching to lift up my shirt to reach the bandage. I lock eyes with her as she finishes changing the dressing. "Lee, call me Lee. He told you about the cattle huh?"

She nods throwing away the old material a smile on her face the whole time. Maybe it's just because it's professional for her job. "He did. The cattle are yours, or at least they should be. People on the Indian Reservation would just let it loose to get killed. But your family cares for them, so they can provide for you later in life." I suck in a breath at her words.

Yesterday I told dad that the cattle was so much more than just a profit in cash. Y/n nearly voiced my exact words back to me. I like her. "Luckily the bullet that hit you only grazed your side. It'll heal within a couple weeks. So no horse riding for you cattle rancher."

She picked up my hat smiling putting it on her head, looking my direction. "How does it look, Lee?" Hearing my name from her lips is music to my ears. "Beautiful..." Slipped from my lips without a thought. Y/n blushes lightly using the hat to hide it. "L - Lee..."

"Could I take you on a horseback ride sometime, ma'am?" I nervously asks playing with my fingers as her eyes go big in concern and annoyance. "Lee! What did I just say a minute ago!" I release a deep chuckle grinning brightly. "I'm kidding, Y/n. I mean when I'm all healed."

Y/n takes a seat on my bedside, placing my hat back on my head. "I'd love to go on a date with you cowboy." I interviewed our hands together with a grin. "You'd be my cowgirl."

Comments welcome and requests open.