(JD) - Nightmare Distraction

Request from
TheOneAndOnlyLemon
The reader has a nightmare in the middle of the night so John helps distract her from the pain

Shooting up in the bed I feel sweat dripping down my forehead. My heart racing a mile a minute. Clutching the covers of the bed I try to control my breathing. Another nightmare means another night with barely any sleep. My last boyfriend had been stalking me for over a year. Until he suddenly stopped I think he finally got locked up. The nightmares are about the possiblity that he'll come back. A soft knock meets my door shooting my head up from my knees I see my current boyfriend, John Dutton.

"Everything alright sweetheart?" He asks the question even though he can already see the answer. He slowly walked over climbing into the bed with me. Removing his tan cowboy hat he tosses it at the foot of the bed. His arms gently wrapped around me as I lay on my side so I can face him. "Do wanna talk about it?" He softly asked staring deeply into my eyes. Shacking my head no burying my head in the fabric of his shirt. He breathes in my hair cuddling with me gently.

Ever since we started dating I have always felt safe in his arms. Like there a wall of protection just for me. "Do you know what dreams are, Y/n?" I shake my head no wanting him to break the silence that filled the room. "It's your memories and your imagination all mixed together into this soup of what's real and what's made up. The thing about this soup is you can change the ingredients, baby." Lifting my head up from his chest I wipe away tears feeling worry running down my spine.

"You can put in whatever you want to. So when you close your eyes later, you decide what you're gonna dream and that'll be the dream." He brushes hair from my eyes weakly smiling at me. During the day no one knew I had trauma. But at night John sees the other side of me. "John, kiss me." I blurt out needing my mind to go somewhere else. He slowly leans forward pressing his lips to mine. I immediately kissed back clutching my fingers around his shirt.

My arms slowly rise up wrapping around his neck. He slowly deepens the kiss but we have to break for air. "Is this how you want me to help with the nightmares." His hot breath mixing with mine and I slowly nod. I roll onto my back pulling him ontop of me his hands on either side of me. "I want you, John." I smile playing with his shirt before he leans down kissing me. My hands wrapped around his neck kissing him back feeling comfortable with him right here. We broke away for air so he can remove his shirt, running a hand through my hair. "I'll do anything to help my darlin' sleep peacefully."

Comment and vote
Requests are open :)