(RW) Bad Date

Request from @the-morning-star-falls on Tumblr. Rip comforting the reader after she goes on a bad blind date.

Unbelievable!

I can't believe I let one of the rodeo girls that are staying in the Bunkhouse talk me into this.

Entering the Dutton barn I slam the door climbing in one of the empty horse stalls and falling on my knees crying. I just want to meet a nice guy, is that so hard. The guy and I looked at each from across the bar but he just walked out without a signal word to me.

The sound of a horse walking meets my ears as whoever puts him up for the night. Please don't let anyone know I'm in here. Footsteps approach the stall and it opens for me to see Rip Wheeler, John Dutton's ranch hand. I am his daughter's best friend, which is rare since she doesn't take crap from anybody.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He questioned tipping his black hat upwards. Bending down on one knee to be closer to me. "I'm not meant to date a good guy." I sniff pulling my legs closer to my chest.

Rip comes to sit beside me softly staring at me. "That's not true. Y/n, you're amazing and who knows maybe the perfect guy for you could be staring at you." He brushes back the loose hair from my face to see my face red with tears.

"Rip, how - who is this guy?" His hand rested on my cheek rubbing it gently with his other hand he removed his hat sitting it on his lap. "The guy is...me." A small smile meets my lips at the thought.

Secretly I've always had a big crush on him. Beth always said he was wild and I love that about him. He'll do anything for the people he loves or has loyalty too. I lock with his brown eyes that hold love. Those same eyes stare at my eyes then down to my lips and I followed his actions before we both lean in finally kissing.

The kiss is soft and slow having us breaking it to see each other smiling. He wipes away my stray tears on my face. "Y/n I'm gonna promise you this. I promise to be a good boyfriend, someone who'll love, who'll protect and always be there for you."

"Rip, can you hold me?" I take his freehand in mine squeezing softly asking weakly. "Of course, honey."

He lays my head on his shoulder wrapping his arms around my small body. I lightly grip his jacket in my hands feeling him rest my head on mine having us just enjoy the others conformable hold.

Comments welcome :)