(R) - Returning Cowboy

Request from CoreBore123 The pair broke up years ago. She ends up on the ranch with her daughter to see her friend Walker who is his daughter's godfather.

"Juilet get back here!" I warned chasing after my six year old daughter who kept running until she climbed up on the fence to watch the Bunkhouse cowboys herd cattle in the fields. The wind catches my tan cowgirl hat blowing it into the ring but someone grabs it. Sucking in a breath my body froze in place staring into certain eyes of someone I never thought I’d see again. Ryan, he’s here. “Y/n?” He slowly rides over on his horse mumbling out once dismounting his horse. “Ryan...” I mumble out eyeing him up and down seeing his pretty much the same since the last time I saw him.

When Ryan and I had been dating for three years I wanted to go to Tennessee but he didn’t want too. A year since I was living there I found I was pregnant with his child. It was the after Juliet was born I moved back to Texas where I was born wanting her to be closer to family. We’d stayed there for a couple years until I learned Walker was released from prison and was living here in Montana. He has been my best friend since high school and was always nice to me so I made him her godfather. It also happened that the college I wanted to go to was in Montana so I moved my daughter here and I took night classes.

“Mama, mama, it’s Walk, it’s Walk!” Juliet points seeing him quickly dismount his horse picking her up making her giggle loudly. A huge grin masks my face hearing her laugh as he flies her around like she’s an airplane for a few seconds. All our other friends lost touch with him once he started getting into trouble but not me. “So uh - you wanna tell me why he gets a nickname?” Ryan breaks me from my trance making me blush. Rubbing the back of my neck I stuttered out embarrassed that I’ll have to tell him he’s a father. “He’s her godfather, she’s um...you’re daughter.”

Ryan’s jaw drops his gaze flickering from me to my daughter the back to me. “She’s my...my child?” I slowly nod my head rubbing my hands up and down looking at the ground. Juliet comes tugging at my pant leg asking sweetly. “Mama who’s this?” Her eyes staring up at her father. Bending down on a knee to her I ruffle her hair smiling. “Sweetheart this is Ryan, your father.” Luckily she’s six so she hasn’t started asking me about her dad but he’s here in person. So might as well spill the beans so they can meet officially. Walker eyes us standing off to the side his back leaned up against the wooden fence.

“Hi Juliet. You have a beautiful name you’re mom picked a good one. I’m Ryan.” Ryan bends down on his knees tipping up his cowboy hat so she can see him better. “Daddy!” Juliet suddenly races into his arms catching him off guard a little. His arms slowly wrapped around her smiling into her hair. Walker comes to stand beside me holding out his hand for my phone. “Get down there I’ll take a picture.” Getting on my knees I stand beside Ryan with her grinning in front of us. Walker shows us the picture and I grinned brightly. “Hey um sweetie how about you help Walk write a song.” I suggest and she nods happily following him off to the Bunkhouse to go play with his guitar.

I don’t turn around immediately feeling Ryan’s eyes locked onto me until he clears his throat making me face him slowly. “I understand why you didn’t tell me about her.” Brushing some hair behind my ear I nervously asked my ex boyfriend. “You do?” He nods slowly striding up and suddenly putting his lips over mine. I gasped not expecting this of him but my arms go around his neck. I kissed back knocking his hat off his head so I can tug on his locks deepening the kiss. His arms wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to his chest once we break for air panting heavily. “You were afraid I would leave you again, but Y/n I promise you. I’ll never leave you and Juliet ever. I love you so much.” The grin on my face grows before I pull his lips onto mine again hooked on the feeling after being apart for so long. “I love you too Ryan. You’ll always be my cowboy.”

Comment and vote
Requests are open :)