(JD) Niece's Boyfriend

Request from @stellarosedutton on Tumblr. Rip being with John's niece, but maybe John tries to break them up.

John wants happiness for all members of his family. Especially his niece Y/n. His sister died the year he and Evelyn got married. The young girl deserved love after losing her mother so young, only six years old. Exiting the house he stands on the porch watching her sitting on the fence smiling with Rip, my top and most loyal ranch hand. Shoving my hands in my pockets I walk over to them, not wanting him around her. "Y/n, I need your help in the barn right now." She follows me to watch me lock the barn doors. "Uncle John, what's going on?" Turning on my feet I simply stated sternly. "I don't want you around him."

"Uncle John, I don’t see a problem with Rip." She brushes hair behind her ear looking through the cracks of the door not completely closed. Rip starts bringing his horse towards the barn. "Simply listen to me my little niece." John leaves the barn as Rip walks in confusion written on his face. "What was all that about honey?" I shrugged my shoulders resting a hand to his cheek heading back to the house until he grabs my wrist stopping me. "I'll always love and protect you, Y/n." I nod squeezing his hand intertwined with mine. "I love you too, Rip." My uncle is acting weird about me and Rip dating all of the sudden and I'm gonna find out why.

Rip and I started dating a couple months ago and it didn't take long for us to become serious about marriage and maybe even kids. Stepping into the kitchen my uncle turns to face me sitting his drink on the island. "Normally I don't question what you say since you basically raised me uncle. But I have to know. Why don't you think Rip is a good influence for me?" He picks up his cup sipping from it slowly, staring into my eyes. "He just isn't sweetheart." Dropping my shoulders in annoyance I stomped up to lean against the island with him standing on the other side of it. "Please uncle John. Please tell me why you don't want me dating your most loyal, loving, kind and firece ranch hand...because I don't see anything wrong with him. I love Rip Wheeler!"

"Because I'm afraid he'll hurt you like someone hurt your mother!" He suddenly blurted out slamming his glass down tears running down his face. "Before your mother died I promised her I'd look out for you. Never fall in when the kind of man she did, the kind that sleeps with you and then when you fall pregnant leaves you...like your nothing!" I suck in a breath unsure of what to say back. Mom never talked about dad at all so I never asked. "Uncle John I - Rip won't be like him. He's loyal to you more than anything, he'll do anything for you. I know he truly loves me and he'll never hurt me. He doesn't have it in his heart to do anything like that..." I smile rounding the island taking his hands in mine hoping he'll agree.

John stared at his niece seeing the young girl that cried night after night when her mother was gone. Now had grown up to be just like her brave mother. Who feels strongly about something with her whole heart. "You can stay with him babygirl. Just promise me something..." She nods lisening close. "Never change who you are because you mirror your mother everyday." I fling my arms around his neck grinning and he wrapped his arms around my waist, breathing in my hair sighing in relief. "I promise uncle John. I'll make both of you proud I promise and love you."

Comments really appreciated :)

Requests are OPEN