(R) Ice Sends A Cowboy

Request from bvbwestfall Tumblr Reader is driving on icy roads to the yellowstone shes on the phone with ryan when she crashes. Reader hears ryan say " hold on sweetheart I'm coming ! "

I should've just stayed at the ranch instead of going out for drinks with Beth. Especially since the temperatures were dropping and most places were preparing for a cold night. So we could have just had drink back home. She told me she had a fight with Rip and couldn't be around him for a few hours and she ended up getting taken home by Rip. I insisted on driving myself home since I had only two drinks so I was okay to drive. Picking up my phone in my right hand I dialed my boyfriend Ryan figuring he needed to know if he had to come get me or not. "Hey Ryan. I just thought I should call you and let you know I'm on my way home." I explained resting one hand on the steering wheel.

"Y/n, it's not safe out tonight. Why didn't you letRip take you home?" He asked through the phone. I could hear the concern is his voice and it warms my heart. He is always worried about me even when it's over do I want the last cookie. Because he'll give it to me which causes the others in the bunkhouse to tease him about it. "Babe, I'm fine. Plus when Rip picked her up he had that look in his eyes. The one saying they might not make it home...because they're probably sitting in the truck in the driveway back at their house already. If you know what I mean." Ryan sighed back through the phone right as I felt the car swerve a little. Sitting my phone I didn't get the chance to stop the truck from hitting a patch of ice and launching itself off the side of the road.

The truck does a flip but thankfully it landed upright in the end. Hitting my head on the steering wheel I groaned seeing some blood on my forehead in the review mirror. "Hang on sweetheart. I'm coming!" Ryan hollers through the phone as my vision blurs and I passed out on the steering wheel. The next time I struggled to open my eyes feeling someone carrying me bridal style. Lifting my head up I saw Ryan as he helped sit me in the passenger seat of the Yellowstone truck. "R-Ryan?" I croaked out watching him move hair out of my face with a weak smile seeing I am sort of okay. "I told you I'd come and get you darling. Let's get you back to the ranch. It's too cold to be out here alone." Laying my head against his shoulder as we drove home I snuggled into his warmth already feeling safe.

Comments really appreciated ❤️