(R) Who's Bringing The Turkey??

Request from @artoldfartsandunicornhearts Tumblr Hello! Can I request a thanksgiving oneshot with Ryan? The reader is his john Duttons daughter and she tells John she’s bringing someone to dinner and it’s Ryan. 😊🦃

"Y/n, I thought you said you were bringing the Turkey for Thanksgiving. What are you doing here?" My father asked taking his seat at the head of the dinner table. My younger brother Kayce and Tate sitting on one side with my sister and Jamie sitting on the other side. Shrugging my jacket off I reassured him that I didn't forget it. "Calm down I have to go get it out of the car. Oh and I am bringing a friend to join us for dinner. If that's okay." Exiting the front door I heard my father's foosteps following after me as I stepped off the front porch. Opening the backseat of my truck he helps me lift the turkey tray as the sound of a horse rushing forward came closer to us. "Shit sir. I'm sorry. I intended to help her and got hung up with Jimmy."

My father raised a brow seeing one of his ranch hands coming to stand beside me helping us carry the turkey tray into the kitchen so Gator could prepare it for later. "Ryan, what exactly are you talking about?" Standing beside my boyfriend he removed his cowboy hat playing with it in his hands clearing his throat my direction letting me reply. "Remember when I said I was bringing a friend to Thanksgiving dinner...well suprise it's Ryan. I hope that's not weird for you..the whole boss and ranch hand thing." My father walked up closer to Ryan who gulped in nervousness never being alone with my father like this. "Do you make her happy and take care of her son?"

"Yes sir, I try my best too.." He replied twisting the fabric of his hat until I placed a hand on his shoulder feeling him sigh underneath my touch. I sighed seeing a smile grace my father's face that was rare to see since mom died years ago. "Well then you can join us for dinner. Word of advice it looks formal but it's just dinner. You'll do fine." He exited the room before I snatched my boyfriend's hat from his hands placing it ontop of his head grinning ear to ear. "He didn't threaten to send you to the train station, baby. I told you you'd have nothing to worry about." He shakes his head leaning down giving me a kiss before I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing back. "Gross please don't do that while we eat turkey." Breaking apart I saw my nephew Tate standing in the doorway gagging with a childish grin.

Comments really appreciated