(LD) Changing an Enemy List

Request from artoldfartsandunicornhearts on Tumblr. Hello! I hope your finals went well, I was wondering if I could request a lee oneshot where the reader is Thomas rainwaters daughter and they are seeing eachother secretly but john finds out and is a mad but tells them that he will accept it.

"Does your dad let you ride a horse, sweetheart, or is that against his beliefs?" Lee, my boyfriend asked, coming into the barn while I was running my fingers over his horse's mane, knowing he was coming in here early for his long day of work. By some crazy circumstances, we became romantically involved with each other. My father was against their way of life thinking that no one owned the land. I still believed it somewhat, but from my boyfriend's eyes, they were doing better than the idiots who wanted to put up an airport here. Tourists weren't ever going to understand true beauty. "He will let me ride, but I haven't ever rode one, really. Could you teach me, cowboy?"

Lee moved forward, taking my hands in his tugging me towards the horse, holding onto one of my hands as he instructed simply. "Throw one leg over the saddle, then I'll get on behind you and show you the rest." I do as he told me with my hair falling in front of my face. He climbed on behind me, resting his hands on my waist. "So you kick him in the belly to go and pull the reins to make him stop." Footsteps entered the barn before we both lifted our heads up quickly, not expecting anyone to enter the barn at 3. Considering most of the cowboys didn't get up for work until 4 or 5 in the morning. "You want to explain to why one of my enemies' family members is on my land and hanging around one of my sons." I recognized the voice of his father John, who was an enemy of my father, meaning our relationship was in secret.

"Mr. Dutton, I - uh we're - I should go." I stuttered, struggling to get down from the horse, so Lee quickly got off catching me in his arms when one of my feet got stuck in part of the saddle. He puts me on my feet, resting a hand on my lower back, sighing heavily to his father. "Dad, I can explain. We're dating, and I knew you wouldn't like it, but I'm falling in love with Y/n." His father's eyes went bug before he stomped up, and Lee gently pushed me behind his back, figuring that what happened next wouldn't be good for either of us. "You've got some god dang nerve bringing her here and even more for letting it be an enemy of our family. Just know I'll allow it. I won't be happy, and if she is giving her father intel on us, I have a bunch of shotguns in the kitchen. But I'll allow it only if she makes you happy." He tipped his black hat down to us, simply leaving the barn. Spinning around to face Lee I felt my heart skip a beat. "He's not kidding about the shotguns, is he?" Lee wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my forehead with a small smile. "No, he isn't darlin." Don't worry, I'll prove to him you're not an enemy one day."

Comments really appreciated ❤️