Stubborn Wheeler

Request from @fightuntilyoucan on Tumblr. Rip is sick and he is all 'im big man and I dont get sick. And when he faints or something Beth is taking care of him

Rip's pov
Exiting the barn on my horse I removed my hat wiping my forehead feeling like the sun is hotter than usual today. Lloyd rides over to me on his horse as I blinked my eyes a couple of times feeling tired. "Hey boss you feeling alright?" Glancing at him I whip my head his direction feeling pain shooting through my head. "Yes why would you say that I'm not?" He simply grabbed his reins walking forward with one final word. "Because you don't look so good. Like you're sick." Rolling my eyes I kick my horse to head out to the fields to work, mumbling to myself. "That's ridiculous. I don't get sick."

Hours later I feel my nose starting to run and I sneeze into my jacket making my eyes watery heavily. The cowboys passed me in horseback as I slowly dismounted my horse. Bending my head down I try to fight my whole body being more tired than only working for a couple hours. I'm usually tired when it's dark but it's only the middle of the day. "Hey baby, you alright?" I nearly snapped at the second person asking me that today until I see it's the love of my life Beth asking me. "Yeah darlin'. I'm fine no worries." I looked into her eyes as she leans against the fence in a summer dress, boots and a cowgirl hat.

"Baby are you sure. You know I can take care of you if you're not ." She stepped towards me resting her hands on my shoulders looking up to me with a worried glance. I slowly shake my head stepping away from her to get back on my horse. "Really honey I'm fine. I'll see you at the house later.." Placing my left foot in the holder I try pulling my body up onto the horse but instead my hands slip and I fall onto the ground. "Rip!!" Beth hovers above me as Colby and Loyd help me up. "I'm - I'm a big man - I don't get sick." I slur my sentence feeling my body finally give out from lack of sleep, my eyes closing.

The next time I start to wake up I feel a hand slowly running through my hair and when I slowly opened my eyes I see my wife sitting on the bed with me laying under the covers. "Be - Beth...what happened?" I yawned still not fully awake. She keeps playing with my hair as I see worry lingering in her eyes as she spoke. "One of the horses got sick and somehow gave it to you. So you did in fact have a cold baby." I groaned closing my eyes at believing I got a cold, I never got one growing up. "Beth get out of here I don't to give this to you." Instead of leaving she leans up placing a long kiss to my forehead fixing the covers for me. "No way. I'm staying and taking care of you." She lifts her hand showing my mother's wedding ring on her finger smiling brightly. "For better or worse, Rip Wheeler." I really do have the perfect wife.

Comments really appreciated :)

Requests are OPEN