(JD) - Grandson's Tutor

Request from @whateverthecostner on Tumblr. Kayce and Monica are still living at the ranch and hire Tate a tutor. John has a crush on her and Tate gets embarrassed seeing them kissing.

At first when I heard the last name Dutton appear on my tutoring schedule I nearly fell out of my chair. Kayce and his wife had called me about their son Tate needing help with math. Sitting in the family's kitchen Tate plays with his pencil clearly uninterested in why I'm here. "Can I just outside and play already, Miss L/n?" Flipping through my notes I find some notes his dad had given me about to keep him entertained. "Instead of looking at the math problem the typical way. Why don't we look at it like it's a ranch. See the X's can be the horses and the Y's the cattle." Tate eyes the problem scrubbing something down then showing me his answer.

"Is that right Miss L/n?" I give him a high five cheering that I found a way to teach John Dutton's grandson. "Yes great job Tate!" He smiled proud of himself unknown to the pair John watches from the kitchen doorway. The cowboy had been slowly falling in love with you. You're positive energy with Tate was the opposite of how he raised his children after losing his wife Evelyn. "Sounds like you two ate doing good in here." He finally spoke catching you and Tate off guard at first. John stepped up hands in his brown jacket pockets spoke to me. "Miss L/n, would it be alright if we talked alone for a minute?" Looking back at Tate I point to the next problem ruffling his hair and following his grandfather outside on the porch. "Try this one on your own with what we talked about. I'll be right back okay."

Closing the front door the wind blows some of my hair around glancing over at John Dutton who I have to admit was a cutie to me. I'm not that younger than him so maybe something could happen. "So what did you want to talk about Mr. Dutton?" He stares at me clearing his throat. "Call me John." I nod replying to the man. "Only if you call me Y/n." John turns to face me directly fiddling with his black cowboy hat on his, almost like a nervous habit of some sort. "Y/n, I have something I need to tell you and it's been years since I've done it. But I like you - I think I'm falling for you..." My mouth parts in shock seeing the old cowboy blushing down at me. "J - John..."

"I understand if you don't feel the same-" I cut him off blushing when his eyes locked with mine seeing a smile on my face. "It's not that. It's just - I feel the same about you cowboy." John's eyes go big in suprise until he breaks the gap between us, cupping my face in his hands and kissing me. I gasped at his suddenness but run my hands up his vest, wrapping them around his neck kissing him back. We stayed like this for a few more minutes until Tate's voice entered the air. "Gross Grandpa that's my tutor." He gags holding his notebook in his hands running back into the house before John and I both chuckled lightly blushing.

Comments really appreciated :)