(JD) Boyfriend Stress

Request from LittleGxx
Where John meets the younger readers parents for the first time.

To say John was worried was an understatement. He was horrified about today and what he would be dealing with. Which if he said what today was about his kids would most likely laugh at him for overreacting. Climbing into the passenger seat of his truck I see him fidgeting with the collar of his shirt until I call out his name. "John, calm down." He shook his head breaking from his trance, training his eyes onto you instead. "Sorry dear. I'm just -" I cut him off running a hand through his hair chuckling. "Nervous. I can see that."

Today is the day John is meeting mh parents for the first time. It took me mentioning it for months to get him to finally agree to it. The reason he's so worried is simple, because I'm younger than him by a couple years. There was a time when we first started dating that he thought he wasn't good enough for me. That I should be dating someone my own age or around it. Finally reaching my parents house he got out of the truck slowly fumbling with his cowboy hat in his hands until I take his left hand in mine reassuringly. "You're going to fine, John. Trust me." He slowly nodded knocking on the front door hearing it slowly open.

"Mom, this is John. He's the guy I've been telling you about." I explained as we entered the living room sitting down. She smiles when my father took a seat beside her glaring at John before suddenly asking. "Have you ever hurt my little girl in anyway?" I started to answer but John spoke up sitting his cowboy hat on his knee. "No, sir. I would and have never hurt her." Looking to my boyfriend it was like all his worries had disappeared in this exact moment. My mom just smiled being able to read the expression in his eyes. "You love my daughter don't you, Mr. Dutton?" He smiled taking my hand in his without hesitation. "Yes ma'am I do."

Suddenly my father stood up and John immediately followed him with my mother and I slowly behind the two. I feel my stomach starting to get butterflies of nervousness at what he might say or do. My father stomped up to him and John dropped his hat seeing his hand was out for him to shake which he does. "I may not agree with the age. But I can see that you care for her." I nodded to my father laying my head on John's arm when my father declared. "So I accept. Just know I will hurt you if you break her heart." My mother runs up hugging John with a grin stating. "I'm just happy my girl has found someone who makes her happy." Picking up John's hat I placed it on his head kissing his cheek. "See nothing to worry about."

Comments really appreciated :)