The Lost Phantom

Alternate Universe "Halloween"

Some chugging was heard faintly in the distance, just below the horizon and out of sight over the hill. Soon puffs of smoke appeared overhead and soon it appeared at last, a tender steam locomotive. Painted black, its sleek appearance was easy to notice as it plowed on through the midnight air and ahead towards the station. The chugging continued roaring away while steam puffed out and rose up and around the steam engine. Soon, the locomotive came within sight of the station just ahead. As it turned out, this train was the last for the evening and was carrying a special passenger, though none of the other passengers onboard knew yet. Said passenger sat alone, sitting right in the back of one coach near one end of the train. The coach rattled and rocked along the tracks, with the young investigator (Name) awaiting their arrival to the station. Soon the steam engine slows to a halt just before the station, with huge puffs of smoke soon disappearing from view. As passengers of all ages and sizes stepped out of the couches, several station crew wandered forward to aid in gathering the bags for the passengers. Eventually, most were off board, during which the single passenger wandered out from the coach. You being said passenger, as you walked along the bricked platform as you followed behind several other passengers as you carried your personal suitcase in one hand. Soon getting through the crowds you found yourself behind the station awaiting in a parking lot. Standing there you stood as you waited for your car to arrive. And soon enough, it did. And you spotted it appear around the corner and soon drove around and into the parking lot at last. Once there, the car came around and soon came to a halt. Seeing it at last, you smiled before making your way over towards your personal car and got in. A moment later, the car soon drove away once more and off it went towards the town under the moonlit night above which bounced off the hood of the car.

Upon arriving within the town's streets, you began looking through the files provided to you by your boss about the case you were on. It seemed a disappearance had gone down in the town's local film and live theater, where the star and owner of the place had disappeared one evening, and know one could find him. The place was called "Da Club la Glamour~" as it was named. Soon after, the theater was closed down and had been left alone for some years now. Looking outside the window seal, you noticed the local police station where the captain stood alongside several other officers alike. Waiting a short while, soon enough your driver brought the car over and halted right in front of the police station. You soon stepped out and before the captain who greeted you with a handshake along with the tip of the hat by his second in command. "Welcome (Mr. Miss) (Name). We appreciate your arrival here. This case has plagued us for a while now." He spoke solemnly as he led you back inside the station. "What's brought this case back up? I thought it was closed and considered done with." With that, he turned to you as he entered his office and you followed. "Because some new evidence was found. Evidence which could finally put this mystery to an end for the first time, and finally give us the answers we need." He walked around and sat behind his desk while you took your own in one of the chairs in front. Once behind his desk, he then opened a drawer and pulled out a couple files before placing them down in the desk in front of you. Opening it up, you saw several files, papers and pictures. So much information and all well organized and ready to look through. Seeing it all, you looked up at the police chief as he poured himself a drink. "So what is this new evidence?" You spoke before looking back at the case. The chief responded. "We found samples in the star's back room, his make-up or stage room? Something like that?" He shrugged as you peered through the pages and read them over. Eventually you found the latest file and read it over while the Chief went along and had his drink. A little later you left the room with the case files in hand and already planning what you'd do next. A short while later, you found yourself in your new office for the time being. There you sat in as you read alone as time slowly ticked on by. Eventually however, you felt the desire to sleep begin to take over and you went ahead to get ready to rest for the night. A while later, you were in a deep slumber as the soft hum of the heater nearby helped you fall asleep. As you did though, you felt a soft shiver on your hand which caused you to shudder slightly before you turned around and brought the blanket up higher.

Tomorrow, you were planning to read up on the case before you would visit the old theatre yourself to learn what had happened for yourself. Thought nothing would prepare you for what you would discover.

(To be Continued)