A Romance Begins~

Mettaton 'Ex' x Reader

From the last you could remember him, you could feel it in your heart as it beat grew in your chest. Your eyes wandered over your whole room, one which you shared with your adopted sibling, Frisk for some months now. Thinking of the journey you had, the memories just before encountering him in Hotland... Your thoughts on him continued for a bit until you finally sighed angrily, shaking your head in response. "I'm being an idiot now. He probably wouldn't even bother with me even if I tried." Getting up, you approached the room's closet and pulled out your clothes for today, specifically, the clothes for another meeting as ambassador for King Asgore. Finally dressed in your formal attire, you reached for a pair of (Shoe's/boots/etc) and finally wandered downstairs where you soon found your sibling Frisk sitting on Toriel's lap as they brushed her hands through their hair. Hearing you walk downstairs, Toriel glanced up towards you and gave a kind smile. "Hello my child. Did you sleep well?" "Yeah. I guess breakfast is ready?" Toriel winked, gesturing with a thumbs up to the dining room. Sighing happily you made your way over and took a seat where your favorite breakfast food waited for you. A half hour later, you stood outside your home and waited along the sidewalk for Papyrus to drive on by and pick you up. Tapping your foot, you continued to look through your phone as the time ticked passed by. Finally, you heard the roar of an engine, and tires on the roads as Papyrus's car pulled round the corner at the end of the block, tilting over to one side, before racing towards where you stood.

To say you got afraid was an understatement as you cleared the way, as Papyrus somehow managed to park perfectly in front of you, even with how fast he was just going moments ago. Standing there in silence, complete disbelief on your face, Papyrus grinned proudly as he gestured for you to get in. "COME ON, (NAME)!!!! WE HAVE TO GO!!!" Praying to the mighty lord and savior, Toby Fox, you got in and buckled up as Papyrus tear out of the block and to the highway. During this, the wind caused your hair to dance around like crazy, while Papyrus's scarf flew like a flag right behind him. Your hands were clenched tightly around your seat as you continued to pray to Toby Fox for his guidance and safety.

Finally after a long drive, Papyrus pulled off yet another impossible park job after tearing into the parking lot just outside the human embassy. Once the car stopped, Papyrus gave himself a pat on the back while you were a statue, unmoving. A minute later, you finally climbed out, nearly falling as your legs felt like jelly. "SEE YOU HUMAN!!!!" Papyrus drove away just as fast, while you staggered into the human embassy, though you'd describe it more like a waddle of a penguin. Once inside, you spent what felt like forever wondering how Papyrus managed, then another on how you survived. Moments later, your first set of several meetings for the day would begin. By the time you finally left however, it was the early afternoon. Stepping just outside, you began to stretch out your arms and neck, feeling some relief before you looked around and wondered what you'd should do now. Soon walking again, you found yourself in a more lively part of town where several small restaurants and cafes rested. Walking over just outside one title 'Metta Tea and Cakes,' you found a seat on one of the patio chairs and tables. Once there, you watched as monsters came in and out, until finally a young human waiter approached your table to which they greeted you before asking for your order. After deciding for an ice coffee, you asked for (Choice meal) and watched as they nodded and headed inside. Shrugging your shoulders, you heard a light pop before laying back against your seat. Eventually you begin looking through your phone, board but having much else on what to do besides getting something to eat. Just then, you heard a motorcycle pull up, only for you to see a simple bike with Sans on it. Why does it sound like a actually- What ask? Probably you would only get a pun instead of an actual answer. Regardless, you waved Sans over and he wandered over before taking a seat in front of you. "Hey Kiddo, finally free from work?" "Yeah, just as boring and painful of a choir to get through." Sans chuckled before glancing around along with you, a comfortable silence followed until your drink arrived, with Sans asking for his own drink from the waiter. A while after eating, and enjoying some small talk, you were about to start walking back when Sans stopped you. "Want a ride back?" You gave him a confused stare, looking over his bile. "How? I doubt you could even carry me." Sans winked at you, before wandering over and got on his bike. "Watch, and learn." Sighing, you stood on the two bars either side of the rear tire, then wrapped your arms around Sans, though it was awkward with how short he was. Moments later, you were on your way though the bike was slow. So slow, you wondered if Sans was a snail in a skeleton. Yet somehow, after pulling into a random alleyway, you found yourself near your home already. "How does that even work?" You muttered, and just as you were going to ask him, Sans was gone. "..." Shrugging in bewilderment, off you went walking to your home with both hands in your pockets (or left hanging). Once you got home, you greeted Toriel and Frisk, by giving Toriel a kiss on the cheek, followed by you ruffing up Frisk's hair before heading upstairs to get comfortable. After getting dressed casually, you arrived back downstairs where you were met with Frisk sitting on the couch, reading a book on snails. Meanwhile, Toriel was in the middle of setting up the dinner table as the smell of butterscotch and cinnamon pie.